Parallel imported Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, no software updates

TheEdge76

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Like I mentioned the US carrier's turn this off most likely to have Root find those files and turn on and best place for that is XDA forums and US version are very hard to root
Oh true...can you please suggest a link? I wouldn't mind at least exploring what would be involved (and if it's too complex or not).

I think I've just about got everything transferred over/setup - interestingly the option for wifi calling has completely disappeared! Not sure if that will return when I install my SIM card in the new phone or not - will have to see.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh true...can you please suggest a link? I wouldn't mind at least exploring what would be involved (and if it's too complex or not).

I think I've just about got everything transferred over/setup - interestingly the option for wifi calling has completely disappeared! Not sure if that will return when I install my SIM card in the new phone or not - will have to see.
Here's a start just explore around the site

TheEdge76

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I think that may end up in the too-hard basket, sadly.

On the good news front, I think I've got everything transferred over successfully (bar the Signal app) so I'm going to test drive it while out and about tomorrow and see how it goes.
Weird thing - now I have my Vodafone SIM in again, wifi calling appears to be enabled again! Very odd.

TheEdge76

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Right, looks like I'm good to go. Of interest, it does show an indicator when I'm on 4G - on the A41 it was the arrows and had the title "4G" or "4G+", on the S20 it says "LTE" - so that means 4G, right?
When I'm on 5G the indicator is a clear "5G".

Will do some more walking around today and see how it goes - surprised to find 5G coverage in a few places I wasn't expecting it!

TheEdge76

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Interesting!
Turns out this phone does show the 3G and H+ indicators:
1723283901413.png
1723283928044.png

As above, I've learned that "LTE" means 4G, so that's what I'm going on as my indicator for that one.
5G shows up quite a bit around the place, too.

Also re Network Cell Info Lite - I actually got a reply to asking them what was going on, apparently they used a third party service for the maps, locations, etc that is no longer supported. They're currently working on a replacement service for it, so here's hoping 🤞

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Interesting!
Turns out this phone does show the 3G and H+ indicators:
View attachment 364674
View attachment 364675

As above, I've learned that "LTE" means 4G, so that's what I'm going on as my indicator for that one.
5G shows up quite a bit around the place, too.

Also re Network Cell Info Lite - I actually got a reply to asking them what was going on, apparently they used a third party service for the maps, locations, etc that is no longer supported. They're currently working on a replacement service for it, so here's hoping
Yeah that's why I mentioned don't trust 3rd party for these things

Last edited:
Reactions: TheEdge76