PC recognizes Nexus but then I can't access my storage

dimple singh

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: PC recognizes Nexus6 but then I can't access my storage

PC recognizes nexus6, but can't access the storage.

Tried
Setting -> Storage & USB .... but again can't see/accessMTP to set my device as MTP

Eva Nibaldi

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi thanks, It worked only once. After disconnected from the PC the storage was lost again, I had to repeat the setting steps each time I wanted to connect Nexus 7 to the PC. Is there any way to make the setting permanent?
Thanks Eva

mark gilbertson

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
OK found it. You just need to swipe down from the top of the screen when plugged in with USB. Then you can select your USB transfire options.
I hope this will help other people in the future...:D

chrisdavies23

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
the three dots on the top right don't display what you're describing. I have a Nexus 7 and selecting the three dots gives a pop up stating Help & Feedback. Not much use to me I'm afraid.

sebme101

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
The only way I could get my nexus 5 to work was to go into settings >> Developer Options >> scroll down into the networking section and select "Select USB Configuration", mine was already set for MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) but I had to select PTP and then select back to MTP, then everything was recognized on my computer.

Thank you so much this worked when nothing else would for my Nexus 5X

warrenbrown

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you FERX 001, Bob Meyer1 and others

The only way I could get my nexus 5 to work was to go into settings >> Developer Options >> scroll down into the networking section and select "Select USB Configuration", mine was already set for MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) but I had to select PTP and then select back to MTP, then everything was recognized on my computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty1