KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
New option showed up on the web site sometime today.

I still haven't heard back in reply to my email to them about not getting the correct up-to-date linked apk when I bought PDP from the site yesterday. Screenshot_20201031-225216_Chrome.jpeg

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've heard some had issues, nothing on my end.

It's clear everyone who purchased it from Play (even if only a few days ago) is screwed. These are the most recent reviews as of this morning, but they are perfectly representative of reviews since Friday morning. The app's overall rating has also plummeted to 1.7:

Screenshot_20201101-092347_Google Play Store.jpg

It seems to me this is a buyer beware of this developer, not just of this app, or one instance of the app on Play.

You're fortunate you bought it from the website, at least for the time being. However, I bought it from there on Friday and have not had a response to my email about getting what appears to be an old apk (I even got the "this app was created for an earlier version of Android" message when installed). My app works, but it isn't the latest version 15.2 or even close.

Of those who have received replies on Play, all they get is a direction to purchase the app again from the website. That's ridiculous support of a product.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's clear everyone who purchased it from Play (even if only a few days ago) is screwed. These are the most recent reviews as of this morning, but they are perfectly representative of reviews since Friday morning. The app's overall rating has also plummeted to 1.7:

View attachment 328440

It seems to me this is a buyer beware of this developer, not just of this app, or one instance of the app on Play.

You're fortunate you bought it from the website, at least for the time being. However, I bought it from there on Friday and have not had a response to my email about getting what appears to be an old apk (I even got the "this app was created for an earlier version of Android" message when installed). My app works, but it isn't the latest version 15.2 or even close.

Of those who have received replies on Play, all they get is a direction to purchase the app again from the website. That's ridiculous support of a product.
Yeah I was surprised it was available in the play store again, I've purchased from the website and always recommend from there, its unfortunate this dev is giving bad service like this but I sticked with it because it worked and did the job and for me and I like you don't have use adb commands witch is another way to disable bloat.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I was surprised it was available in the play store again, I've purchased from the website and always recommend from there, its unfortunate this dev is giving bad service like this but I sticked with it because it worked and did the job and for me and I like you don't have use adb commands witch is another way to disable bloat.

Oh, no doubt the app is great to have when it works. I don't even mind buying from a website (i.e. AdGuard...and as I said I purchased PDP a second time at the website Friday).

I also understand that sometimes apps are removed from Play beyond a dev's control. Putting 2 and 2 together though, it seems to me that the reason it wasn't on Play for a while may very well have been so the dev could force customers to repurchase it if they wanted to continue using it.

It's a ****ty business model.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh, no doubt the app is great to have when it works. I don't even mind buying from a website (i.e. AdGuard...and as I said I purchased PDP a second time at the website Friday).

I also understand that sometimes apps are removed from Play beyond a dev's control. Putting 2 and 2 together though, it seems to me that the reason it wasn't on Play for a while may very well have been so the dev could force customers to repurchase it if they wanted to continue using it.

It's a ****ty business model.
I agree with that , but at the moment no other I know works as good as this devs app without root , if anyone knows of one be a good to have a option.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried one last email (my 4th) this morning. I included a thinly veiled threat to share my garbage experience with them across my online interactions. Especially now that their new +cloud product is live.

By pure coincidence, I got a form email later this morning in reply to my Play review of this nonsense. As with everyone else who's reported cotnact from them, it told me to buy the app from their site (which is the subject of my other email).

This dev is a tire fire, folks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried one last email (my 4th) this morning. I included a thinly veiled threat to share my garbage experience with them across my online interactions. Especially now that their new +cloud product is live.

By pure coincidence, I got a form email later this morning in reply to my Play review of this nonsense. As with everyone else who's reported cotnact from them, it told me to buy the app from their site (which is the subject of my other email).

This dev is a tire fire, folks.
It's a shame , it's very good app :(