Penalty for sticking with Jelly Bean 4.3??

billk53

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
At least 3 of my apps are broken with Kit Kat update. Am I missing anything crucial? I was/am happy w/ Jelly Bean.
Thanks in advance . . .

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
At least 3 of my apps are broken with Kit Kat update. Am I missing anything crucial? I was/am happy w/ Jelly Bean.
Thanks in advance . . .
Welcome to the forums!

I would say there's no critical penalty. If everything is working just fine in 4.3 I think you're good to go.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason you don't want to upgrade?

I've been running 4.4 and now 4.4.2 since they rolled out and haven't had any issues. Seems to me that Kit-Kat runs just as well as 4.3 did.

billk53

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
That's what I needed to know. I'm new to this. I'll wait until everything is updated. Was worried about security. Thx for the quick response.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There should be no problem updating your apps to run with 4.4 and the 4.4.2 updates. The app updates are being updated for the Kitkat updates daily and you should be receiving the notifications as they do. Most of the most popular apps have already been updated (many were even updated before the Kitkat releases). When you receive the update notifications, you can check the "What's New" section and it'll usually say that it's being updated to be compatible with Kitkat. The apps that haven't been updated are in process of doing so. The apps you say are broken are probably in the process of being updated. I'm sure the developers will get them out ASAP.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with above. And if the developers aren't getting bugfixes out, then you should definitely contact them and let them know about the issues. A good developer is a responsive one--that's why Google Play always has that "Email Developer" option on an app page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adawdadawd