people who aren't getting this phone because of non-removable battery.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Batteries should remain removable until they
A) warrant the performance of the battery
B) can guarantee 12 hours of screen time per charge
C) can fix the battery on the spot with a replacement if it does die without going through the hassle of replacing the phone

Then and only then is when batteries should be able to go internal.

As a power user, removable battery is a must.

I've had the following phones and they DO NOT last all day

HTC One S
HTC One x
Evo lte
Droid RAZR MAXX

And NONE OF THEM lasts a single day of heavy use like everyone said they would so they were returned. The MAXX was the closest.

All this innovation in technology but none in batteries.

And to the argument that an internal battery can give higher capacity, how do you explain the droid RAZR or the droid DNA not lasting long at all?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Batteries should remain removable until they
A) warrant the performance of the battery
B) can guarantee 12 hours of screen time per charge
C) can fix the battery on the spot with a replacement if it does die without going through the hassle of replacing the phone

Then and only then is when batteries should be able to go internal.

As a power user, removable battery is a must.

I've had the following phones and they DO NOT last all day

HTC One S
HTC One x
Evo lte
Droid RAZR MAXX

And NONE OF THEM lasts a single day of heavy use like everyone said they would so they were returned. The MAXX was the closest.

All this innovation in technology but none in batteries.

And to the argument that an internal battery can give higher capacity, how do you explain the droid RAZR or the droid DNA not lasting long at all?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
Ok, I understand now. The problem is that you don't have a proper signature. It should read something like this:

"Do not take my battery rants too seriously. I use my phone more than probably 99.135% of you. So when I talk about battery life not only am I not speaking for the average Joe, I don't really represent my fellow nerds and geeks here. I can't get a day from the RAZR Maxx and it's 3300mAh battery, so....... yeah."

I mean come on, man! There are people in the forums that are getting 3+ days on the RAZR Maxx. I know for a fact what I get on my EVO LTE. And plenty of people I know (personally and through the forums) love the battery life of the DNA. I'm not saying you're lying either. But you have to admit that your use is certainly not the norm, even for a lot of us here.

And for the ABCs up there, I assume you mean warranty the battery, which would be covered under the regular warranty, I would assume. B) would be nice, no doubt and C) is bound to happen sooner than most of us probably think. The more prevalent non-removable batteries become the sooner they will start swapping them out in stores, like they already do @ some of the Sprint repair centers with screens and the like. It's so much more cost-effective that way. It's not difficult to do, either. If you have an assortment of separator tools, and some common knowledge of what not to touch when you are opening up electronic circuits, it's a 20-minute job, max. I've done it to a few iPods and it really is so much simpler than people may think.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I understand now. The problem is that you don't have a proper signature. It should read something like this:

"Do not take my battery rants too seriously. I use my phone more than probably 99.135% of you. So when I talk about battery life not only am I not speaking for the average Joe, I don't really represent my fellow nerds and geeks here. I can't get a day from the RAZR Maxx and it's 3300mAh battery, so....... yeah."

I mean come on, man! There are people in the forums that are getting 3+ days on the RAZR Maxx. I know for a fact what I get on my EVO LTE. And plenty of people I know (personally and through the forums) love the battery life of the DNA. I'm not saying you're lying either. But you have to admit that your use is certainly not the norm, even for a lot of us here.

And for the ABCs up there, I assume you mean warranty the battery, which would be covered under the regular warranty, I would assume. B) would be nice, no doubt and C) is bound to happen sooner than most of us probably think. The more prevalent non-removable batteries become the sooner they will start swapping them out in stores, like they already do @ some of the Sprint repair centers with screens and the like. It's so much more cost-effective that way. It's not difficult to do, either. If you have an assortment of separator tools, and some common knowledge of what not to touch when you are opening up electronic circuits, it's a 20-minute job, max. I've done it to a few iPods and it really is so much simpler than people may think.

Like I said from the beginning in a heavy user.

The MAXX DOES NOT last a whole day with heavy use. Maybe moderate or light usage, but not heavy

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

AB33

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am one who loved HTC products until they started locking the battery and now they decide to lock the memory. That is a deal breaker for me since I use my phone for everything. I currently have a 16GB GS3 with a 64GB card (half way filled) and an extended 4200 mAh battery. Before I bought the extended battery I had extra OEM batteries that I would stash just in case my battery died while I was out. I had the Evo LTE (HTC One X) for 2 months and I had to get rid of it because of not being able to get through a full day before it was ready to shut down, especially when I traveled out of town. I can't imagine how people are doing with their battery life with Google Now turned on and a stock battery. The HTC One looks beautiful, but the battery and storage constraints take away from it. If they are going to lock the memory they should start at 32GB and make a 64GB available on all carriers.

Last edited:

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The only time I have EVER pulled a battery was to fix my frozen phone. No other reason. I have chargers at home, car and work.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is that really a hassle for you? If so, I bet you had so many seizures and panic attacks when digital cameras first came out.

Oh look... Another Samsung fanbot replying to a post made in March with this:

You people are so adorable! ;)

Neither of those replies were too constructive, let's all make sure we aren't posting condescending comments (whether they were intended as such or not).

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why people care so much about how someone else spends their money. Op, for some people, having an ad card and a removable battery is a must for phones. It doesn't mean they dont think the HTC one is a good phone because it doesn't have it, it just means they won't purchase it because it doesn't meet their needs. They have the right to choose what to spend their money on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I listen to music on my One for an average of about 2 hours everyday while commuting. I make calls, browse the web, and 9 hours later my battery looks like its barely been touched. I charge it every night. I don't see any battery problems with this phone.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Neither of those replies were too constructive, let's all make sure we aren't posting condescending comments (whether they were intended as such or not).

My apologies. I was kinda sticking to the overall flow of this whole thread. It seemed like most comments were along that same line and tone so I was thinking it wouldn't be a problem. However, I do see where it adds nothing and would only derail the thread so i'm sorry.

And just in reference to the person calling me a Samsung fanboy, I'm not. I get that some people toss that "insult" out there immediately without knowing an individual or seeing multiple posts they make. I actually want the HTC One. I prefer it to the S4. I responded to someone's comment from March, because the whole thread got bumped and I hadn't read it before. There's no breach of forum etiquette in responding to an old post. It might not be something you find yourself doing, but that doesn't make it a rule for anyone else. My point is/was, it isn't difficult at all to put an SD card into a computer to transfer files. That's one of the most basic things you do with technology of the 90's, 00's, 10's. I understand why some might not like doing it, but is it REALLY a hassle?

Like some have said in this thread already, there's many opinions on all aspects of phones. It's ridiculous to over dramatize basic things that you may or may not like. Nothing is too difficult to find workarounds or alternatives in this world of smartphones. In a spring where we've already seen tragedies, terrorism, and other events, I think we can do a better job of keeping things in perspective.

Wullie32

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I replace my S2 battery several times a week. Did it today in fact, left for work at 7, by 3 it was dead. Caused mainly by browsing and an hour of podcasts.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is that really a hassle for you? If so, I bet you had so many seizures and panic attacks when digital cameras first came out.

My apologies. I was kinda sticking to the overall flow of this whole thread. It seemed like most comments were along that same line and tone so I was thinking it wouldn't be a problem. However, I do see where it adds nothing and would only derail the thread so i'm sorry.

And just in reference to the person calling me a Samsung fanboy, I'm not. I get that some people toss that "insult" out there immediately without knowing an individual or seeing multiple posts they make. I actually want the HTC One. I prefer it to the S4. I responded to someone's comment from March, because the whole thread got bumped and I hadn't read it before. There's no breach of forum etiquette in responding to an old post. It might not be something you find yourself doing, but that doesn't make it a rule for anyone else. My point is/was, it isn't difficult at all to put an SD card into a computer to transfer files. That's one of the most basic things you do with technology of the 90's, 00's, 10's. I understand why some might not like doing it, but is it REALLY a hassle?

Like some have said in this thread already, there's many opinions on all aspects of phones. It's ridiculous to over dramatize basic things that you may or may not like. Nothing is too difficult to find workarounds or alternatives in this world of smartphones. In a spring where we've already seen tragedies, terrorism, and other events, I think we can do a better job of keeping things in perspective.

It happens. People get off-track and comments tend to flow in the same direction, so to speak, and it's considerably harder to segue back on-topic than it is to move in a less-desirable direction.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I listen to music on my One for an average of about 2 hours everyday while commuting. I make calls, browse the web, and 9 hours later my battery looks like its barely been touched. I charge it every night. I don't see any battery problems with this phone.

I also use my one a lot through out my day. I have never had an issue with lack of battery power. This is my third phone with built in battery. I constantly get 24 hours or more use.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I definitely understand why people like the flexibility of having removable SD cards and batteries. That was one of the main arguments for android at one time. But the beauty of android is all about choice. And I chose the phone without the removable battery and SD card. I was never a huge battery swapper. I am the type to carry around a charger and utilize a car charger. And I never really demanded a whole lot of extra storage. I will miss the flexibility of easily transferring things by just popping out the SD card. And of course batteries go bad so that is a concern, but I never have my phones for more than a year. Also with this phone, it charges slower than molasses! So in a pinch an extra battery would be useful because throwing this thing on a charger doesn't seem to do crap.
I was willing to sacrifice those things because I like a device with as little parts as possible. I truly value a uni body construction.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We are used to what we have and many people still have phones 1 or 2 generations behind the current crop. Aside from the RAZR MAXX line, majority of android phones have not had a reputation for good battery life, and only a few even could be considered as having adequate life. And in the past, HTC has been one of the worst offenders, IMO, of putting woefully small batteries in their phones. Before my MAXX HD, I had a Thunderbolt and before that, the Incredible, so I was very weary of nonremovable batteries. I think most people still feel this way. If the One was going to be my first phone without a removable battery, I'd be concerned too. It will take awhile before people get used to this design, but as screens get more efficient and battery tech improves, more people will get comfortable with this design. The battery life of recent HTC phones (DNA and One) are much better than expected and after using my MAXX HD and my gf's One, I'm sold on the nonremovable battery design. It will take a couple of generations of smartphones before more people become comfortable, too.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
True I've never had to replace a battery on any phone I've had. But it's for the ppl who want larger batteries because they're glued to their phone, no. It's nice to have the option but I've never needed it.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Love when threads from March are dug up to just continue the trash talking... Not for anything good to discuss... Just pure trash.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Love when threads from March are dug up to just continue the trash talking... Not for anything good to discuss... Just pure trash.

If that's the case, report it and continue browsing the forums. ;) Responding to point out a lack of quality in a thread does nothing but perpetuate said lack of quality. The same logic is valid for replying to a thread that was recently resurrected from the grave, so to speak.