people who aren't getting this phone because of non-removable battery.

AB33

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is, I found this thread by doing a Google Search of: "HTC phones with removable battery plans". I was hoping there was a random article out there talking about HTC deciding to go back to the way they used to make their phones. Personally I have owned the HTC Mogul, Touch Pro 1, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Evo 3D (then Moto Photon), and Evo LTE so I would say that I have been a pretty committed HTC consumer and not a Samsung fanboy. This is the only Samsung phone I have ever owned since the 8500 flip phone in 2001...LOL I know that my next phone will be a GS5 when it comes out and my contract is up but if the next HTC iteration of the One Series has a removable battery and micro SD or a 64GB option, I will definitely go back to HTC. I am up at 4:30 M-F and start off using my phone at the gym with BT streaming, then car for BT streaming, and all the other stuff until about 10pm when I put the phone on the charger again. Yesterday with the 4200 mAh battery I was at 18% by the end of the day (I did download a TMobile update over WiFi).

piggypigs

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
[inappropriate language deleted by moderator]

And contrary to your assertion, a premium phone is PERFECTLY serviceable even after two years and after that can serve as a hand me down phone perfectly well. And for the sake of longevity, the ability to replace an old battery easily AND cheaply is a must for any phone. Yet you praise HTC (and other manufacturer that ape iFruity slavishly on this) and insult the people who are asking to be given that choice, especially when android is mostly about freedom of choice and customizability?

Last edited by a moderator:

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
[inappropriate language deleted by moderator]

And contrary to your assertion, a premium phone is PERFECTLY serviceable even after two years and after that can serve as a hand me down phone perfectly well. And for the sake of longevity, the ability to replace an old battery easily AND cheaply is a must for any phone. Yet you praise HTC (and other manufacturer that ape iFruity slavishly on this) and insult the people who are asking to be given that choice, especially when android is mostly about freedom of choice and customizability?

If choice is important to you then choosing a htc one is not the right phone for you. It doesn't have a removable battery so there are other phones with options for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I listen to music on my One for an average of about 2 hours everyday while commuting. I make calls, browse the web, and 9 hours later my battery looks like its barely been touched. I charge it every night. I don't see any battery problems with this phone.

No kidding...I love it how people who don't even own the phone say things like "HTC has horrible battery life" (present-tense) based off of an OG Evo, 3VO, or some other phone that was 2-3 years old. Times change, but some people are still mired in the past.

StormRyder

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree.

Most of the Verizon phones I've had for two years until I could upgrade at a discount needed new batteries after about 18 months. I also bought the ugly large capacity batteries as well, so a removable battery was necessary.
My current phone is a Droid Razr Maxx, over two years old, and I'm fine with the non removable battery.
HOWEVER, My wife's phone's battery (same model) just developed a rather large bulge from the battery and I can't replace it without taking the phone apart.

I would gladly upgrade her to a new phone, but Verizon will end my unlimited data plan if I do.

I hear about the benefits of non removable batteries as mostly asthetics...and it is much nicer and sturdier...but...
I wonder if this is part of their strategy to get the rest of us to use "shared data" plans?
I think it's called planned obsolescence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry