Petition to remove bloatware, blur

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Whatever guys. This is thread hijackery. If you all want to go yell at the world for all the time wasted with petitions and opinions and other obviously wasteful activities, go ahead.

ROFL. Not going your way OP? This is directly related to your arm flailing protest of the man.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I hope you didnt take my post as rude, I was not trying to sound that way but rather just that Dell does it as well (not as much or as bad)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but you can always uninstall the app on a pc and not use their bloatware.

I think that is the intent that the OP wants?

I like sense vs regular android, but still would like an option to disable it.
Anyhow I think this thread will get closed but it is fun seeing the tennis match.
SCHIZ- your serve!!! LOL

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the bloat. It's just the manufacturers/providers trying to pimp their goods. I ignore it, and it's not in my way. If you really want it gone, root and delete.

What's next...you want TV channels to only show the programs and commercials that you like to see? That might be nice, but unless you buy all the networks, it's never going to happen. I'm not trying to make you angry, just suggesting that you don't spend your time wanting things that will never happen. You'll end up needed to take notes on all those commercials about depression. If it really bothers you, focus on things that you can accomplish, root your phone.

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
While I clearly don't agree with some other people on this thread I do enjoy the discussion. I must say ive always been of the belief that the consumer should have the choice. To say that its just something to deal with doesn't really get at the heart of the matter, pragmatic as that view may be.
My view may be a result of the computers I have used. Neither my mac nor fedora come with bloat, and this likely has led to my opinion when out comes to bloat.
And finally, to get all idealistic, I believe that android itself was created on the idea of consumer choice. Remember, motorola is a member of the open handset alliance, and it could easily be argued that mandatory bloat/blur are not in keeping with the spirit of open source.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
for the most part it doesnt bother me unless you can not uninstall it like when verizon was pushing apps to the storm and even if you deleted them they would come back, they were not installed but rather a link to install them, it is THAT that bothers me

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My view may be a result of the computers I have used. Neither my mac nor fedora come with bloat, and this likely has led to my opinion when out comes to bloat.

Perfect. Ok, You have a mac. You paid, what, well over $1,000 for it? Right? Well you paid for no bloat. You could get a comparable PC for much less than a Mac (Read again... MUCH LESS) but hey, guess what... you get bloatware.

Go to apple.com and price a MacBook Pro or something... then go to hp.com and find a comparable base laptop and then customize it to be more similar to the specs of the MacBook Pro. I bet you you can price the HP Laptop for less than $700(+/-) and the comparable mac will be $2000(+/-).

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Perfect. Ok, You have a mac. You paid, what, well over $1,000 for it? Right? Well you paid for no bloat. You could get a comparable PC for much less than a Mac (Read again... MUCH LESS) but hey, guess what... you get bloatware.

Go to apple.com and price a MacBook Pro or something... then go to hp.com and find a comparable base laptop and then customize it to be more similar to the specs of the MacBook Pro. I bet you you can price the HP Laptop for less than $700(+/-) and the comparable mac will be $2000(+/-).

Seriously, what is with you people? Not that it matters, but I bought my MBP (1200) with a student special. 100 dollars off, with a free ipod and printer. Sold the ipod (250), sold the printer (100), paid 750 net. Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.