Phone Battery Draining

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Since I have had my Gear S, my phone battery is draining faster than it did before. I used to have about 30-40 percent at the end of the day and now its down to that by three or four o'clock. Has anyone else experienced this?

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I was never one to leave my bluetooth on all day so I kinda expected some drain but really mine has not changed that much. I don't use any alerts or notification when my watch is connected and that could be why...

I have an app called my profiles so when my phone is connected to my watch it is automatically set to silence everything. When I change it to say Home or Weekend profiles I have alerts etc and the bluetooth is turned off. If I do turn bluetooth on to take a call on my phone when the watch is not connected it will not change to watch setting it is smart enough to know the difference in my headset vs watch being connected.

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I was noticing a faster drain, but it seems like the gear manager update helped with that.

Make sure you have the latest version of gear manager. Of course it probably depends on what you do with your gear.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I was never one to leave my bluetooth on all day so I kinda expected some drain but really mine has not changed that much. I don't use any alerts or notification when my watch is connected and that could be why...

I have an app called my profiles so when my phone is connected to my watch it is automatically set to silence everything. When I change it to say Home or Weekend profiles I have alerts etc and the bluetooth is turned off. If I do turn bluetooth on to take a call on my phone when the watch is not connected it will not change to watch setting it is smart enough to know the difference in my headset vs watch being connected.

Oh I gotta try that app.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am also and I am wondering if that is why my S5 is draining. I just put an app on it to monitor it to see if Gear Manager is the culprit.