phone hacked no matter what I do

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone was/is being hacked. Ive gotten new numbers and phones and even before my new iPhone arrived it was already taken over. My friend found a managed iPad and even not even 5 minutes into the house it had already been attacked. My indentity has been stolen all my emails,social media and phone numbers stolen. My families phones as well. Has anyone seen or hear of an attack like this? Also transmitter found and camera in smoke detector. Authorities have already been advised but you know how that goes... thank you TheBlackMermaids

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How do you know you're being attacked? How do you know your accounts have been stolen? What kind of transmitter did you find in your home camera and smoke detector? Home cameras will almost always have wi-fi transmitters these days, since that's how they link to the network. If your smoke detector is a newer one that has the ability to be a smart device, then same thing there.

Being hacked in the Hollywood sense is extremely rare, and virtually impossible if you follow some basic common sense. Read these:

“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have to wonder what some of these people are doing in their lives that they think these things are happening to them. Most average people (not even talking just Americans) are not doing anything NEAR interesting enough to rate the kind of "hacking" or surveillance that we see posted about here.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
... Has anyone seen or hear of an attack like this?

You're looking at the wrong source of your problem. You need to regain control of all your online social media services first, than you can look into cleaning up your various pieces of gadgetry. Until whoever has 'hacked' into your online accounts, it doesn't matter how many devices you switch to, each time you set up your compromised accounts into whatever apps this simply gives them access to your devices too.
-- Disable WiFi and cellular connectivity on all your gadgets.
-- Use a computer or mobile device that's not your own and that is known to be 'clean' so you can log into all your online service accounts and change your passwords, or create new accounts if that's a workable option.
-- Once you're reasonable sure you're got control of your accounts again, go through the process of putting each mobile device back online. You'll need to re-enter your newly created passwords for all the apps previously set up to autologin.
-- This going to be a time consuming, daunting project and it needs to be done in the proper sequence or the 'hacker' who was in control of your online presence will be able to continue exploiting you. If you're not comfortable with all of this, hire a local IT contractor.