Phone lost service and not shoing IMEI

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I recently traded one of my phones for a LG Optimus G Pro and I really like it as it's one of the most underrated phones out there.

I've had the phone for over a week now and everything has worked great, but today I come back from the restroom and noticed my phone didn't have any service which wasn't a big deal, because I have a microcell at the house and it messes up from time-to-time. So I got out to town and I usually have near full signal and I still had no service. I opened up settings and found that Mobile Data was turned off, I tried to turn it on and it would not allow me to. I then went into the about part of my general settings and it wasn't showing my IMEI number, cell phone number, etc. I read around on here and on other websites and it seems like it's either someone has either purchased a blacklisted phone or has messed up their phone while rooting it. I've never rooted this phone and or any of my phones, so that was out and when I traded for the G Pro I received the original box and all and the phone worked from day 1 with no issues like I mentioned above. So I wouldn't think that it was just now being reported stolen, since I've had it for over a week and I traded with a guy local who I've done business with before and he had it for a few days before I got it off of him. So I wouldn't think that they would wait this long to report a stolen phone or whatever gets these blacklisted.

I did check the IMEI number on Swappa's website and it showed that it was clean. I also reset the phone and still nothing.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I recently traded one of my phones for a LG Optimus G Pro and I really like it as it's one of the most underrated phones out there.

I've had the phone for over a week now and everything has worked great, but today I come back from the restroom and noticed my phone didn't have any service which wasn't a big deal, because I have a microcell at the house and it messes up from time-to-time. So I got out to town and I usually have near full signal and I still had no service. I opened up settings and found that Mobile Data was turned off, I tried to turn it on and it would not allow me to. I then went into the about part of my general settings and it wasn't showing my IMEI number, cell phone number, etc. I read around on here and on other websites and it seems like it's either someone has either purchased a blacklisted phone or has messed up their phone while rooting it. I've never rooted this phone and or any of my phones, so that was out and when I traded for the G Pro I received the original box and all and the phone worked from day 1 with no issues like I mentioned above. So I wouldn't think that it was just now being reported stolen, since I've had it for over a week and I traded with a guy local who I've done business with before and he had it for a few days before I got it off of him. So I wouldn't think that they would wait this long to report a stolen phone or whatever gets these blacklisted.

I did check the IMEI number on Swappa's website and it showed that it was clean. I also reset the phone and still nothing.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?
I haven't had any problem like this out of the android phones I have owned. It seems like it could have been blacklisted, or your phone just decided to delete all of the important files. Either way, it's a problem. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the efs folder would you?