Phone overheated, won't turn on. What should i do?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought a new phone few weeks ago and gave my dad the one i used, it was a Samsung j5 2017. The phone worked flawlessly, i tried taking care of it as much as possible, to the point where i constantly charged my battery up to 80% and no more.

Yesterday he came back home from his job telling me that his phone started heating up to the point he couldn't hold it in his hand. He turned it off immediately and brought it home after he was done with his job.

He told me he had not done anything with it such as dropping it or that any sweat has appeared on it, literally nothing. It just started heating up to the point where he immediately powered it off and now lies the issue.

The phone won't turn on whatsoever, putting it on charge for a while heats up one part of the phone (I'm guessing while it's charging it heats up, of course), but the phone still won't turn on after 10-20 minutes of charging.

Then i tried to connect the phone to PC via USB cable to charge it, and Windows was constantly making sounds like the phone gets connected and instantly disconnected, and it goes in loop like that, connecting and disconnecting constantly. I am not sure anymore what to do, is it possible that the battery died even with such care after 2 years? I hope someone has a solution for this problem, i can't seem to figure it out, and i am trying to avoid bringing it over to repair shop, if possible. Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's certainly possible for the the battery to fail.. Unfortunately, there may not be much you can do besides bring it to a repair shop.

Try plugging it into a wall outlet and let it sit for at least 6 hours undisturbed. Then press and hold Power for about 20 seconds (count it out) to see if anything happens.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174