phone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Right -- in Windows Device Manager, right-click Samsung Android Phone, then look for an option to uninstall drivers. After the driver has been uninstalled, unplug the phone from the PC, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and see if Windows automatically reinstalls the driver.

what about that highlighted one???not5.JPG

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking that -- try uninstalling that driver, then reconnecting the phone to the PC and see if it reinstalls that driver.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
What version of Windows do you have, and how up to date is it? The tricky thing here is that this kind of problem could be due to a need for an update, or conversely it could be a bug introduced by a recent update (Microsoft seems to have had a lousy record lately with their updates).

win 8.1

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking that -- try uninstalling that driver, then reconnecting the phone to the PC and see if it reinstalls that driver.

blessed be they name!!!! still nothing after doing all that, however, when i disconnect the phone that highlighted unknown device goes away. i feel like when i got this the work last time it had something to do with that and i had to find a file on my pc for it to work. maybe i'm wrong on this, but that's what i'm feeling like happened. not6.JPG

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
pretty sure i figured it out!!! ya'll can boot me from this, but i'm a DUCKING GENIUS!!! just took me forever in a day to figure it out!!!!!step 7.JPG

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Great! How did you do it?

great...if i can remember it all again!!! lol

device manager, other devices, unknown device, update driver software, browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, samsung android phone, then mtp usb device, next, and BAM!!!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
great...if i can remember it all again!!! lol

device manager, other devices, unknown device, update driver software, browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, samsung android phone, then mtp usb device, next, and BAM!!!!
Got it going, nice

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
O boy , what happened?

figured it out...at least this one was a simpler fix. lol

i must have accidentally turned on the use volume keys for media because whenever i tried turning the ringer up i got nothing except for turning of the media, which of course there was no media apps open.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
figured it out...at least this one was a simpler fix. lol

i must have accidentally turned on the use volume keys for media because whenever i tried turning the ringer up i got nothing except for turning of the media, which of course there was no media apps open.
Ahh ..ok good :)

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
thanks for everything group!!! i wouldn't have figured this out without ya'll giving me some guidance on refreshing my brain on how i fixed this the last time.

have a good day and stay safe!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance