Phone selling out?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
True...you probably can't get the accessories deal online. But you could get the phone by itself for a cheaper price than at Verizon.

Only reason why the phone will be cheaper at Costco compared to VZW stores is because of tax. You are only taxed on the $299.99 price and not the full retail $589.99 price like they do at VZW stores.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Only reason why the phone will be cheaper at Costco compared to VZW stores is because of tax. You are only taxed on the $299.99 price and not the full retail $589.99 price like they do at VZW stores.

Did you not see my post? They sell all their phones $50-100 cheaper than at the Verizon store. And yes, they do only charge you on the 2 year price for tax, which makes no sense to why Verizon does it. I guess they don't want to lose ANY money since they're going to be stabbing you in the kidney for the insane prices on their wireless plans.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
When the X was released last year all in-store stock was depleted on the first day. When I called looking for one I was told each store was going to get 20 more the next day. I made it to #19 in line at my local store on that day and got one. I lucked out as VZW could not keep it in stock until 2-3 months later. Anyone that wanted one during this time had to wait an agonizing 1-3 weeks. There was lots of frustration to go around during this time.
If last year was any indicator and you really want this phone pronto you should secure yourself a place in line in front of a Verizon store bright and early on the 8th.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
When the X was released last year all in-store stock was depleted on the first day. When I called looking for one I was told each store was going to get 20 more the next day. I made it to #19 in line at my local store on that day and got one. I lucked out as VZW could not keep it in stock until 2-3 months later. Anyone that wanted one during this time had to wait an agonizing 1-3 weeks. There was lots of frustration to go around during this time.
If last year was any indicator and you really want this phone pronto you should secure yourself a place in line in front of a Verizon store bright and early on the 8th.

Yeah I've heard a lot of that, that's why I made this thread. There was that same problem with the Incredible wasn't there?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the Incredible sold out due to the shortage of AMOLED screens. They later switched screens to LCD.

Don't think they'll have any shortages on this phone lol. I just don't want to be stuck waiting for another two weeks and then my mom thinks up a way to get out of buying it. She does that like every time I want something and then I have to wait like 3 more months until she'll make up her mind. And it's especially bad if I have the money and want to do it, which I have half right now, and she owes me the rest anyways because I let her borrow some money to pay a mechanic bill. That was about 3 months ago too, she still hasn't payed me back...so I told her to keep it and pay for my phone with it :)

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Did you not see my post? They sell all their phones $50-100 cheaper than at the Verizon store. And yes, they do only charge you on the 2 year price for tax, which makes no sense to why Verizon does it. I guess they don't want to lose ANY money since they're going to be stabbing you in the kidney for the insane prices on their wireless plans.

I'm sorry has there been an update from the only rumor out there that stated $299 with the accessory bundle?

[Exclusive] Droid Bionic Amazing CostCo Deal $299 Includes Extra Battery, Dock & More

If not you are just assuming that they are going to sell it lower than VZW when a $299 MAP price has been shown already, and include $150+ in accessories?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry has there been an update from the only rumor out there that stated $299 with the accessory bundle?

[Exclusive] Droid Bionic Amazing CostCo Deal $299 Includes Extra Battery, Dock & More

If not you are just assuming that they are going to sell it lower than VZW when a $299 MAP price has been shown already, and include $150+ in accessories?

I'm not sure you understand me...$300 is the MAP price from Verizon. Costco and Amazon can sell it for whatever they want, but they can't advertise it. The Charge's MAP is $300, but Costco sells it for $200. It's $300 for the Bionic bundled with the accessories. But they have to sell the phone by itself, or it wouldn't be very fair. So I would expect them to knock off at least $50-100 for the phone itself. Probably not $100 because of the accessories deal, but at least $50.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure you understand me...$300 is the MAP price from Verizon. Costco and Amazon can sell it for whatever they want, but they can't advertise it. The Charge's MAP is $300, but Costco sells it for $200. It's $300 for the Bionic bundled with the accessories. But they have to sell the phone by itself, or it wouldn't be very fair. So I would expect them to knock off at least $50-100 for the phone itself. Probably not $100 because of the accessories deal, but at least $50.

I understand what you are saying for the most part.

The only part I don't understand in the above comment is:

"But they have to sell the phone by itself, or it wouldn't be very fair."

Since when is business fair lol

I only expect the Bionic to be $299 with the bundle while the supplies of the bundle last. I do expect them to lower the price of the Bionic $50 to $100 once the bundle has been sold out. But until then I "assume" the only deal you can get is $299 + bundle. :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you are saying for the most part.

The only part I don't understand in the above comment is:

"But they have to sell the phone by itself, or it wouldn't be very fair."

Since when is business fair lol

I only expect the Bionic to be $299 with the bundle while the supplies of the bundle last. I do expect them to lower the price of the Bionic $50 to $100 once the bundle has been sold out. But until then I "assume" the only deal you can get is $299 + bundle. :)

Well this is Costco and Costco doesn't USUALLY screw their customers like that. And if they do...well at least they're giving a good reason to do that. Most consumers probably would look at that accessories deal and say when would I ever need any of this? But then they'd just bite the bullet and get it anyways. I'm just going to "assume" that they'll have both deals. And if they don't, yeah they'll run out of the bundles and drop the price eventually. And Amazon will have a deal on launch like always anyways.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Well this is Costco and Costco doesn't USUALLY screw their customers like that. And if they do...well at least they're giving a good reason to do that. Most consumers probably would look at that accessories deal and say when would I ever need any of this? But then they'd just bite the bullet and get it anyways. I'm just going to "assume" that they'll have both deals. And if they don't, yeah they'll run out of the bundles and drop the price eventually. And Amazon will have a deal on launch like always anyways.

How is anyone getting screwed?

You buy the Bionic there for $299 and you get $150 in accessories included.

Wireless Advisors sells out of the bundle and they lower the 2/yr contrat pricing to $200 to $250.

Since it sounds like the only thing that is bothering you is the price (Sounds like you won't have $300+tax to buy the phone), borrow a little more money from your mom and just buy it with the bundle and sell the accessories. Then you get what you want, no accessories and a lower price.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
How is anyone getting screwed?

You buy the Bionic there for $299 and you get $150 in accessories included.

Wireless Advisors sells out of the bundle and they lower the 2/yr contrat pricing to $200 to $250.

Since it sounds like the only thing that is bothering you is the price (Sounds like you won't have $300+tax to buy the phone), borrow a little more money from your mom and just buy it with the bundle and sell the accessories. Then you get what you want, no accessories and a lower price.

Here's the problem with borrowing more money from my mom...she won't have the kind of money to give me for two more weeks because thursday she has to pay for my car insurance. And since I'm not 21 yet, insurance is BEYOND EXPENSIVE. Like $900 every 6 months, plus she has to save up to pay for taxes pretty soon. I mean I could try, or try to see if she'll charge it to a credit card, but at this point she's telling me if I want the phone on launch day it needs to be under $300. If the only way of getting it is for the $300 price, I'll need to work a little more and borrow some money and wait two weeks for the next paycheck. So is the problem of me unable to get a job lol. I'm thinking of applying a few places to help pay for that data plan though lol.
And I didn't say they were screwing anyone by offering that accessories deal, I meant that it will screw people that don't want it or want to pay for it.
And no matter what I can order it online at Amazon or something for less than $300 anyways (and it forces my mom to charge it to her credit card).

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Here's the problem with borrowing more money from my mom...she won't have the kind of money to give me for two more weeks because thursday she has to pay for my car insurance. And since I'm not 21 yet, insurance is BEYOND EXPENSIVE. Like $900 every 6 months, plus she has to save up to pay for taxes pretty soon. I mean I could try, or try to see if she'll charge it to a credit card, but at this point she's telling me if I want the phone on launch day it needs to be under $300. If the only way of getting it is for the $300 price, I'll need to work a little more and borrow some money and wait two weeks for the next paycheck. So is the problem of me unable to get a job lol. I'm thinking of applying a few places to help pay for that data plan though lol.
And I didn't say they were screwing anyone by offering that accessories deal, I meant that it will screw people that don't want it or want to pay for it.
And no matter what I can order it online at Amazon or something for less than $300 anyways (and it forces my mom to charge it to her credit card).

Well good luck, just don't let a cell phone and calling plan put you into the poor house. Personally if I was in a situation that I couldn't afford the phone and had to consider working more just to afford the data plan I would probably not put myself into a financial hardship just to have a new phone.

Either way you go I would talk to your mom about what she suggests you do. :) Mothers really do know whats best.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I was kinda interested in getting some numbers from retail outlets in my area (Verizon specific/resellers) as I wanted to figure out how to gameplan for the 8th:

Verizon Wireless Reseller Store: Guy was real nice but honest that he was only supposed to get one and hopefully it would show up on the 7th.

Kiosk / BJs Wholesale: Like the OG Droid, they would get maybe 2. He didn't have numbers just yet, but gave me his card to call him on the 7th.

Verizon Store in my local mall: Most frustrating of the bunch. Unfriendly and unknowledgable. No idea when it was being released or how many they might get. From the stock (what little there was) on the floor I think this site might be going out of business.

So take that with a grain of salt but I'm wondering how many units folks local stores are claiming they will have in stock. I think I am going to have to step my game up. That 25k for the NE isn't seeming as big as I thought it was.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well good luck, just don't let a cell phone and calling plan put you into the poor house. Personally if I was in a situation that I couldn't afford the phone and had to consider working more just to afford the data plan I would probably not put myself into a financial hardship just to have a new phone.

Either way you go I would talk to your mom about what she suggests you do. :) Mothers really do know whats best.

It's not that we don't have money for the plan...it's that we don't have the money for the PHONE right now. I mean...technically we do, but we would have to scrape for the next two weeks on what little money we had. So that basically would just mean I'd pack my lunch for a week, in exchange for getting the new phone I want two weeks or more earlier? I'd take that.
Dude I live in Santa Barbara, a cell phone plan is the least of my worries.
And I only offered to pay half of the data plan because I wanted to be helpful. I don't really have to, but I want to. And I need a job anyways, this isn't the only thing I want to get in the near future...I want to buy concert tickets pretty soon. And there's a few games coming out, etc. Just usual stuff I buy at the end of the year.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just make an appointment first thing when your corp store opens specifically to buy a Bionic like I did and you should be good to go. You won't have to fight for a rep like the random people walking in when you have an appointment already in the books beforehand, they are yours for the sale at the time of the appt (not to mention if they know their first appt of the day is for Bionic I think they would set one aside).
I may do this too...I have never bought my phone at the store - I have always pre-ordered and had it overnited, but I just don't know if I want to wait until friday...and what if Verizon doesn't have it on their website on Thursday; then I'll have to wait until Monday! Will the store honor my NE2?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just make an appointment first thing when your corp store opens specifically to buy a Bionic like I did and you should be good to go. You won't have to fight for a rep like the random people walking in when you have an appointment already in the books beforehand, they are yours for the sale at the time of the appt (not to mention if they know their first appt of the day is for Bionic I think they would set one aside).

Is there an advantage or reason why we should go to a corporate store?
I know a few non corporate stores that I know want be busy on my area.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk