Phone selling out?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I figured I would probably swing by Best Buy or Walmart tomorrow night and turn on the charm :))) and see if someone will sell it to me, I got my OG Droid the day before release that way. :)

But, If I could potentially save a hundred bucks - I can delay gratification a couple of days for that. With my Amazon Prime account I can get overnight delivery for $3.99 so I wouldn't have to wait long. But I don't want to wait a few days just to save $5 or $10.

Yeah, the Charge is on Amazon for $180 right now on an upgrade on a family plan, a good $120 less than buying it from Verizon. That's why I'm considering it. You just get charged an extra $250 if you cancel your plan or phone within 181 days of upgrading the phone, along with the early termination fee from Verizon. So don't go buying on Amazon unless you REALLY want it. I don't know what that means for returns, but returns I would guess wouldn't count towards that. But there's still free 2 day shipping!

EDIT: And I just sent a quick email to Amazon Wireless, see if they have any clue if they'll be seeing the phone on launch day, how much it costs, and how much extra overnight shipping is. I know I'll probably get nothing back, maybe the overnight costs, but I don't expect to see a price or when they'll have it until thursday.

They delivered my D3 on Saturday FedEx. Had to pay for it.

How much..?

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I could handle hearing from everyone how awesome it is while I would be waiting a couple days for mine to be delivered. I don't want it to be the end of waiting for everyone except me.
Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Earlier is obviously better than later. But, is waiting a couple days going to be really that bad? Unless you really need to use the Bionic (like you have no computer, or phone), I don't really see what the big deal is. That's me, of course. There's nothing the Bionic will do that my Captivate won't (besides the obvious: everything faster).

But, If I could potentially save a hundred bucks - I can delay gratification a couple of days for that. With my Amazon Prime account I can get overnight delivery for $3.99 so I wouldn't have to wait long. But I don't want to wait a few days just to save $5 or $10.

Makes so much sense. I would follow suit, except I have to buy it from Costco (for future Samsung reasons, if you know what I mean ;)).

EDIT: Has there ever been a time where an Android device sold out? I'm not sweating at all about getting a Bionic. I'm sweating about getting a Bionic from Costco. Seems like everyone is jumping on the bundle deal.

Last edited:

Covington

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Earlier is obviously better than later. But, is waiting a couple days going to be really that bad? Unless you really need to use the Bionic (like you have no computer, or phone), I don't really see what the big deal is. That's me, of course. There's nothing the Bionic will do that my Captivate won't (besides the obvious: everything faster).

Makes so much sense. I would follow suit, except I have to buy it from Costco (for future Samsung reasons, if you know what I mean ;)).

EDIT: Has there ever been a time where an Android device sold out? I'm not sweating at all about getting a Bionic. I'm sweating about getting a Bionic from Costco. Seems like everyone is jumping on the bundle deal.

Droid X and Droid 3 I believe.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the Verizon kiosk in my BJs club and they made me an appointment for 9am to pick up the bionic, an extended battery, and a case. I really wanted the otterbox case but don't think it will fit with the profile change of the extended battery. Anyway... As I was turned away from telesales, I can be happy that I got one. I wasn't so lucky with the OG Droid. Gonna pick up a month of hotspot coverage to see how it works for a month.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just stopped by my local Verizon store to look at the Droid3's screen, and they let me see the ACTUAL Bionic!!! I can still tell its Pentile. Doesn't bother me too much.

Any way, back to the topic at hand, My rep at the 16920 Wright Plz location told me that they got in over a 100 Bionics, and not to worry if I didn't get there right when the store opened up.

They changed the darn hours from opening at 9:00am to 10:00am, and I have a meeting I must attend at 10:00, so I won't make it till about 11:15 or so.

I hope he is right!

Sh0ck0r

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Just stopped by my local Verizon store to look at the Droid3's screen, and they let me see the ACTUAL Bionic!!! I can still tell its Pentile. Doesn't bother me too much.

Any way, back to the topic at hand, My rep at the 16920 Wright Plz location told me that they got in over a 100 Bionics, and not to worry if I didn't get there right when the store opened up.

They changed the darn hours from opening at 9:00am to 10:00am, and I have a meeting I must attend at 10:00, so I won't make it till about 11:15 or so.

I hope he is right!

Nice I will be going into that exact same location in the Morning as long as I'm up LoL, Been waiting on this phone forever!!!!!, Can't wait until Tomorrow

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I hope he is right!

Damn lucky you. My store wouldn't let me see anything. They didn't even have a dummy unit.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I decided to take tomorrow off of work after all. I'm going to check Amazon early Thurs. a.m. first.

Then I'm out to the store. It all depends on how much cheaper Amazon is as to whether or not I get it at the store or order it online.
Maybe once I get this baby in my hands I won't want to wait, and price be damned, and just get them while I'm there.

We'll see.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I decided to take tomorrow off of work after all. I'm going to check Amazon early Thurs. a.m. first.

Then I'm out to the store. It all depends on how much cheaper Amazon is as to whether or not I get it at the store or order it online.
Maybe once I get this baby in my hands I won't want to wait, and price be damned, and just get them while I'm there.

We'll see.

I'm going to check Amazon tomorrow as well, I know I shouldn't be able to buy it at this point though, not for a few days. I was banking on my mom paying me back for the $185 I let her borrow, but she told me that she couldn't pay me back for a month or two, because she has to pay my car insurance bill ($900 for 6 months is OUTRAGEOUS) and save a little for taxes in a few months. No good for me...4 craigslists posts later and 2 projects for about $20 each, and I'll be on my way to buying it. Although I am glad that she is very good at banking, or else I probably wouldn't be living in this house right now or typing on this laptop, or even thinking about buying a phone.
I'm going to check how long the Costco deal lasts tomorrow, if I can get enough money in the timeframe I'll go ahead and go for that. 90 day returns sound good to me. But I know Amazon will be cheaper, but I'll have to wait for it to ship, and I like Costco's policy better. And if I can make that money anyways, why not get the better deal with more stuff? :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcovichburner