Phone wont mount SD card

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
My phone is not mounting my SD card. I tried rebooting, taking out the SD card reboot power off put SD card in turn on, erase SD card (IT CANT EVEN DO THAT)
I can not switch roms
I can not erase SD card
I can not do anything SD card related.
Witch I don't get because I have been listening to music all day.
Any tips on how to fix this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I get this a lot. Just keep trying to eject and insert it into your phone until it works. Blowing on the SD card and SD mount with air might work too. Sometimes restarting the phone works too and sometimes once the sd card is inserted, in the settings you have to manually press the mount sd card option but that might just be my rom.

I think our sd card readers on the phone are just really ty?
anyways, GOODLUCK!

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you access the SD card in recovery? If so, re-flash your ROM. If not, try another SD card.

No I can't. Any thing that needs an sdcard I can't use. So I would like to know if I can put it on stock o I can call VM about it.
And I don't have another sdcard.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Guarantee they will tell you to get an SD card. You can't return to stock without one. Get a cheapo on ebay or go to Walmart and grab one

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Guarantee they will tell you to get an SD card. You can't return to stock without one. Get a cheapo on ebay or go to Walmart and grab one

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
Now I think its the phone because I put my SD card in my grandmas phone and i formatted it. I then put the SD card in my phone and it did not work. So I reformatted it on my grandmas phone turned my phone off then put the SD card in my phone then booted in to recovery still nothing. So I came with a conclusion that its a phone problem not an SD card problem.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
How old is the phone? You might not even be under a warranty any more. Like I said, you can't flash a ROM without an SD card, unless someone smarter wants to come in here and tell you how to use ADB to link /sdcard/ to /data/cache on your phone and push the ZIP to /data/cache and flash from there.

You can also try this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html Doesn't mention need of an SD card but I've never followed these steps so I can't say for sure if it will work like it's supposed to or not. Do the second set of instructions.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
How old is the phone? You might not even be under a warranty any more. Like I said, you can't flash a ROM without an SD card, unless someone smarter wants to come in here and tell you how to use ADB to link /sdcard/ to /data/cache on your phone and push the ZIP to /data/cache and flash from there.

You can also try this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html Doesn't mention need of an SD card but I've never followed these steps so I can't say for sure if it will work like it's supposed to or not. Do the second set of instructions.
I just got this phone (a replacement) so their should not be anything wrong with it. I wonder what happened.
But I will try the guide when I get home.

rappie jansen

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
[Hi ALL

To mount the external sd card
you must put your 32 gig sd (64GB also works) into your pc running linux..
Now mount the sd card and open gparted
now format your sdcard to fat32

(now go into gparted to tab Partitie ,than go to tab flaggs and set the sdcard to set the usb to start at boot!!)

Now put your sd card to your phone and your phone wil reboot

Your sdcard is now working

Regards

/B]

Quintessa Williams

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
My phone is not mounting my SD card. I tried rebooting, taking out the SD card reboot power off put SD card in turn on, erase SD card (IT CANT EVEN DO THAT)
I can not switch roms
I can not erase SD card
I can not do anything SD card related.
Witch I don't get because I have been listening to music all day.
Any tips on how to fix this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I tired the same thing