Photon Battery Life

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Juice Defender and it was good, but I found it connected the WiFi and 3G slowly. I downloaded an app called Greenpower, which is like Juice Defender and more or less does the same thing. I got the paid version. Works really good and seems to be as effective as JD, although I can't say for sure which one is better. Greenpower definitely is faster and turning on 3G, but Wifi has been a bit of an issue as it doesn't always come back on.

benjet

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I was toying with that when I was on the defective batt, and will try it again soon.

New battery update (day1):

2.5 hours of calls
took 15 pics
checked email, FB, twitter, each a dozen times or so
updated calendar, etc.

13 hours unplugged - 20% batt remaining...now that's more like it!

I think the next one is dying already.

3 hours off the charger, 3 x 10 min phone calls, <65% batt remaining

vic6string

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
My Photon is only a week old, so far so good. I consistently get a full day of use, but I keep everything but the cell phone radio off while at work because there is virtually no signal in my building, so the signal hunting would probably kill the battery quickly (as it does EVERY cell phone that enters that building).

Only one person mentioned something that I think is a big factor, though...this phone charges up extremely quickly. Whatever juice I lose throughout the day is replenished in the car charger as I drive from place to place, and just popping it on the home charger gives it juice quick (full charge from almost dead in about 2 hours). Alot of other phones take 4-8 hours to go from dead to 100%.

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Actually the battery says right on it 1650

My battery says 1700mAh. And I'm quite impressed with the battery life on the phone. On an average day with regular use, I can get 16-17 hours while at work (compared to 8-10 hours with my LG Optimus S). At home with WIFi On and 4G off (3G is automatically off when WiFi is on), I've gone almost 29 hours to 10% with off and on use.. What really doesn't make sense is the 10% increments on this phone, except for 20, 15, 10 and 5%. Why couldn't they just have the 1% increments?

Below is a copy of the graph at 10% left (taken with my LG Optimus S and then e-mailed to my Yahoo account). Currently still has 10% at half an hour later after this was taken, and I generally charge a little after 5% left.

Also, I am using the phone's Task Manager to auto kill apps 2 minutes after the screen shuts off.

Last edited:

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Battery monitor free. Not the "battery monitor widget" one.

Can't find a "Battery Monitor Free", but I have two different Battery Monitor Widgets installed (mainly seeing which is better, since the recent one does 1% increments)

One I just installed: https://market.android.com/details?id=ccc71.bmw
What I've had on the phone the last couple days: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.elvison.batterywidget

However, I've uninstalled the Battery Monitor Widget and installed the Battery Circle.

Last edited:

packofcrows

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Any way you guys can help me with answering these questions?

Battery life: ????
Charging time: ???

I don't really use for more than FB and e-mail. So I get 4hrs
When I don't use it much i get 6-8hrs

Anyone hate charging takes too long? like 5hrs+ imo from 10-100%

Last edited:

jhill0224

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Before installing JD (which has helped tremendously) I tried out a few different battery status programs. They all gave me 1% increment notifications. Now with JD I'm getting changes ever 10%. I have installed several different status programs and they are all doing the same thing... What setting did I mess up in JD to cause this???

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Any way you guys can help me with answering these questions?

Battery life: ????
Charging time: ???

I don't really use for more than FB and e-mail. So I get 4hrs
When I don't use it much i get 6-8hrs

Anyone hate charging takes too long? like 5hrs+ imo from 10-100%

It doesn't seen to take that long for mine to charge. Just now it went from 45% to 95% in an hour and a half. That seems typical.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I use mine all day and can browse several websites, constantly check facebook, have it constantly sync and for a bit I had the screen on without ever turning off and it would easily last 9hrs w/o a charge and now that I do the same but just have the screen turn off after 30seconds I go easily a day+ without charging, I could never do that with my evo design it would die in less than a day if I left it in standby just syncing and minor fb. I would browse a few pages or comment on fb and literally watch the battery go from full to 50% in minutes.

srkelley

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I started using the built in social app on my photon and deleted my facebook and twitter apps. My battery lasts twice as long now. I was using friendcaster and tweetcaster

SENT FROM A BADAZZ MOPHO

I tried to use the built-in app but am having a problem with facebook. I can't see any of my friends status updates, just crap from their app's. I was also hoping that it would get a "share" button that the official facebook app is also missing but that's also gone.

Any chance that I'm missing a setting change here that would make this app usable for me? I've been optimizing my phone for better battery life and wouldn't mind switching apps if I didn't lose any functionality in the process of doing so.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll try out the built in app and see.

I literally never really think to plug the phone in when I'm always on wifi and even using 4G in dallas all day I still don't with constant webrowsing and FBing. On my Evo Design I literally wouldn't even risk going to bed without it being plugged in or leaving the house without a charger.

Reactions: srkelley

srkelley

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for checking. I always hate finding out about a good feature late but it looks like it's not there.

I hope Motorola updates their social apps to have feature parity with at least the official versions of the original apps or the mobile versions of the websites.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I wish that the one other fb client I forget the name would send notifications just as the one put out by facebook. I think that my evo design's social networking program was better.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
18a0cb0b-d8e4-d0ca.jpg

18a0cb0b-d8ed-c76a.jpg

Internet browsing, texting, few downloads, an hr of music. Crazy never would of guessed i could di this.
Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit