Photon won't charge but White LED light comes on

Arielle Gray

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Sooo...I know this issue of Photon's not charging/ booting has been explored before but I can't find anything explaining this particular case.

I was using my phone today and it plugged into a wall charger and it was charging fine. I took it off to talk on the phone but when I tried to plug it in again, I noticed the phone wasn't charging at all. The phone was on and fully functional but it was as if it wasn't recognizing the micro USB. When I got home, the phone died and now its impossible to get it to turn on again. When I pull the battery and plug the phone in, a White LED light comes on. But if I put the battery back in the phone, the LED light immediately goes off and stays off. I tried stripping a USB cable to give the battery a jumpstart but even after that, the phone wont turn on. PLEASE HELP!

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sooo...I know this issue of Photon's not charging/ booting has been explored before but I can't find anything explaining this particular case.

I was using my phone today and it plugged into a wall charger and it was charging fine. I took it off to talk on the phone but when I tried to plug it in again, I noticed the phone wasn't charging at all. The phone was on and fully functional but it was as if it wasn't recognizing the micro USB. When I got home, the phone died and now its impossible to get it to turn on again. When I pull the battery and plug the phone in, a White LED light comes on. But if I put the battery back in the phone, the LED light immediately goes off and stays off. I tried stripping a USB cable to give the battery a jumpstart but even after that, the phone wont turn on. PLEASE HELP!

Hi Arielle,

Sounds like the battery is NG.

I would try another battery, if its the original battery they are rated for a little over 12 months of use, but can last longer.

You can get an OEM Battery (stick with the OEM aka Motorola brand original type) on Amazon for around $9.00 last time I bought one (avoid fleabay).

If you know someone else with the same phone ask to try there battery.

Hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek