Photos taken by the Pixel Fold.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Early morning endeavor. Turning left over Costco chicken into chicken soup and playing with knives more carefully today. I do oxtail stew, veal shanks, leg of lamb, scallops but fail at roasting chicken - hence the Costco variety!

PXL_20240328_151242409.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20240328_151929466.MP-.jpg

Then breakfast. McCann's oatmeal and blueberries.

PXL_20240328_154204709.MP.jpg

And then an apple slice from the other day. Well, I found it interesting!
PXL_20240327_174918551.MP-.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Early morning endeavor. Turning left over Costco chicken into chicken soup and playing with knives more carefully today. I do oxtail stew, veal shanks, leg of lamb, scallops but fail at roasting chicken - hence the Costco variety!

View attachment 361295
View attachment 361296

Then breakfast. McCann's oatmeal and blueberries.
View attachment 361297

And then an apple slice from the other day. Well, I found it interesting!
View attachment 361298
Nice looking chicken soup and breakfast fixins'. Your chicken soup fixin's look just like my wife's chick-soup preparations; She's always pressure cooking-down all our leftover Costco or Sam'sClub &c rotsserie chickens, then adding all those same types of ingredients. The same for chicken & potatoe stews &c. Then she cans it all with either her All American pressure canner, or her water-bath canner, or her new Presto Precise Digital Pressure canner; she cans so much, that I get them confused.
She also likes to cook with her Joule Turbo Sous Vide, like you do. From all your food prep images, it looks like my wife and you would make great cooking/idea buddies! :)

Love seeing all your Seattle & Lake Washington & UW & Elliot Bay & Puget Sound & Cascade Mtn & Olympic Mtn pics! :cool:

I don't recall what the street name was, but here's an old pic of where my girlfriend & I lived in that neighborhood just a block south of Lower Woodland Park & the baseball/soccer fields.
The stop sign is on that street slanting down to Green Lake - from Aurora (I don't recall its name either :unsure:); hmmm, it was a long time ago. That old pickup truck was my 1948 Ford F-1, (that I bought from its original owner, in Kenmore, and who made several round-trips to Alaska and back in it, as he was an Alaskan commercial Salmon fisherman). And with my old English Setter, Jo, and another roommates' Golden Retriever, Beau, lying in the grass, anxiously waiting to go for a run.

Btw, a month or so later, we drove from Seattle -to- Key West, Florida and back, via Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana (with side-trips thru the bayou towns & bayou country to the Gulf & the tip of the Mississippi River, and New Orleans), and all the old Spanish forts along the Mississippi & Alabama gulf coasts, and Dauphin Island, all the way down the Florida gulf coast, and all points in-between, in a Volkswagen Bug —with Jo and my GF's huge Black Lab Shepperd mix in the backseat, and a big car-top carrier on top (for our tent & sleeping bags & camping gear & backpacks &c), and 4 fishing pole tubes in the back window ski racks! It was quite the trip to take in a tiny VW Bug with two large dogs in the back seat. 🥴

GreenLk Jo&Beau.jpg

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21

I enjoy cooking and occasionally finding new recipes. Parsnips are one of my favorite root vegetables so they get added. Trader Joes had the colored carrots so why not.

I do like Google shipping me their COLLAGE results. I will admit that at first I resented them parsing through my photos and grouping them. But since it is a lost battle with Google, I just have fun reliving some of those days.

Today is was this covering shots over about four years:

IMG_20191119_142505-COLLAGE.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21

Obviously, you went through the thread and found many of my photos TERRIFIC (my take! :ROFLMAO: ) and liked them. Thanks.

Next check out my photos in the Pixel 6 Pro and 3 Pro threads! :p
Will do. 😉 And yes, great photos! 👏 But so far I've only made it up to page 8! Cuz, I don't know if anyone's ever told you this, but you take & post a motherload of photos! Just joshin'.. 😁 But hey, like you said, it's your own personal thread/blog! And it's really cool! 😎 So please don't stop! 😉

Loved seeing the 'Lox' with all the Salmon again!
A girlfriend & I used to walk down to the 'Lox' all the time (where there was a great fish & chips place), and also to Shilshole, back when we rented a house just 4or5 blocks directly north of the locks, while we were attending the UW. That was... before moving to Green Lake.

Hey, have you ever considered doing some of those walking tours (with a camera stick), where people pay you to go to a particular area—and walk any direction that they ask you to, in real time, as you're narrating merrily along, while you're on a video link with them?
I saw a website from I think around the Shetland Islands, where the said remote walking tours were very popular, for people who either didn't have the time or funds to actually travel to the location(s). I think you'd be GREAT at it! 😉

Sorry for what must've looked like a B-17 Flying Fortress 'Like's Bombardment... up in your Alerts! 😄 The bad good news is, there's lots more to come!

Last edited:
Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21
I think the occasional slip of the tongue where my NY accent intrudes would ruin any narration! :eek:

And, yes, I could not initially figure out how/why I had over 150 LIKES!

The 6 Pro did Iceland and some Northern Lights shots. The 3 Pro was China (My initial foray into Google Land to avoid Verizon's outrageous overseas charges and went with Pixel and Google Fi to work around the censors) and then my last ski trip to the Dolomites.

By the way I don't want this to be my thread. I love seeing others' photos but unfortunately, the Pixel Fold is not all that popular and hence, fewer contributions.

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21
I think the occasional slip of the tongue where my NY accent intrudes would ruin any narration! :eek:

And, yes, I could not initially figure out how/why I had over 150 LIKES!

The 6 Pro did Iceland and some Northern Lights shots. The 3 Pro was China (My initial foray into Google Land to avoid Verizon's outrageous overseas charges and went with Pixel and Google Fi to work around the censors) and then my last ski trip to the Dolomites.

By the way I don't want this to be my thread. I love seeing others' photos but unfortunately, the Pixel Fold is not all that popular and hence, fewer contributions.
Understood. But I think we're all glad it's mostly turned into your adventure-photo blog! 😁

Would you prefer that I didn't 'Like' them, so you don't have to clear them out of your Alerts?
I suppose it does inflate your (y)'s to a humongous degree! :LOL:

I'll have to ✔️out your 6 Pro & 3 Pro threads after I resume here at page 8. ;)

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21
I think the occasional slip of the tongue where my NY accent intrudes would ruin any narration! :eek: ~
Hey there FF22! :) You know what, FF22? I've been thinking about this, further, and methinks that you should plan to photo-doc (photo-document) the next two UW Rowing events!
*insert inexplicably missing nodding yes emo*
And I'm sure I hope you'll agree ! ;)
They are:

Oregon State Dual - Saturday, April 13th, 2024 - Seattle, WA

Windermere Cup/Opening Day Regatta - Saturday, May 4th, 2024 - Seattle, WA

. . . and especially the Windermere Cup - Opening Day Regatta ! :cool:
Your photography is so excellent, and so enjoyable to see. And I think it'd just be great to see your photo's & images of the upcoming UW Rowing events! With several from right down on the concrete walkway/edge of the Montlake Cut. And maybe some from way out at the tip of the Arboretum!? Or if you have boating friends, from out on the boat log boom!
Maybe even some video of the action? What say Ye? :)

Hoping you don't have plans, and can be a go! (y)
Cuz what a wonderful thrill it would be, for an ex-patriot like me, to see! 🤓 ;)

Btw, I received The Boys in the Boat as a gift a few years ago, but still haven't read it. 🙃
Have you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bkdodger1 and FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21

I may be the only Seattleite who has not read that book!

I may have to disappoint you. I'm not much for crowds and the Cherry trees may have exhausted whatever oomph I had. Also, still being lame/limpy I am averse to crowds even more. I will have to presume that prime viewing spots would be taken hours before. Open day of Boating Season is definitely to be avoided. Maybe I will capture some images from the TV!

Thanks for the confidence.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@winmod21

I may be the only Seattleite who has not read that book!

I may have to disappoint you. I'm not much for crowds and the Cherry trees may have exhausted whatever oomph I had. Also, still being lame/limpy I am averse to crowds even more. I will have to presume that prime viewing spots would be taken hours before. Open day of Boating Season is definitely to be avoided. Maybe I will capture some images from the TV!

Thanks for the confidence.
Utterly disappointing and devastating news. 😜
Sorry to hear of your limpiness; I didn't know you were ailing/recovering. Hope you're all well soon.

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
While waiting for my family to attend Sunday Mass!
0e1cd1765dc76cad539a7b5c739c3838.jpg
97b5d9eca0b2429195d065d2a2de9a1a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174