Pinch to zoom issues in gmail/inbox

sneakypoo

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
It seems that pinch to zoom has changed behaviour in some update a while ago. Previously in Inbox I used to be able to zoom in on images (qr code on tickets in this case) by using pinch to zoom to fill the screen very easily. Now, however, when I do the same thing the image will fly off the screen when zooming. Before it used to stay centered on the area I initiated the zoom on. So I have to zoom a little, scroll the page up, zoom a little more, scroll up, etc to fit the code in the center of the screen. It's super annoying.

In the Gmail app I used to be able to do the same thing but in that app the amount of zoomage I can get is _very_ limited, I can zoom in maybe 25% and then it stops. Before you could zoom in a LOT more. (the setting to fit the page automatically does not make a difference, already tried that)

Is anyone else seeing this issue and do you know how to fix it?

sneakypoo

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Just tested on my workphone, a Sony Xperia something, and on that one both apps can zoom but Inbox shows the same weird effect where the content you're trying to zoom in on move out of the way. Gmail however works as expected. On both phones I'm using the latest versions of the apps. How can it be so inconsistent? Three different phones, including yours, and three different combinations of behaviour. Extremely frustrating...

vom Hohenstein

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue. Zoom basically works, but very bad image quality. Can not read anything in a JPG photo of a letter.
It occurs only in the web interface of Inbox... Android App or Gmail web interface are quite ok with the same email/jpg.

Any ideas? It's very annoying because I often used this feature.
Any feedback from Google?

Thank you!
Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware