Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Turned off Camera HDR until I here of this being a active feature
114dec4513f70bb287b0f11edc1b37b7.jpg

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1

My family got three Pixel 2 XL on the same day from Verizon. My wife has gotten the update. I have not. Don't know if my son has gotten it or not. They have stormtrooper models I have "just black".

I just got my update. Took about 25 minutes for complete install.

falexander115

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Been waiting since the 8.1 release for it to land on my Pixel 2 XL while working in DC. Drove home yesterday to my home in NC and within 30 minutes it hit my phone. Coincidence???

lordielordie

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it.

After a week of mashing the Check for Update link, I decided to do some kind of a rain dance to see if I could force it to update. And it worked, or, it could be a coincidence.

I went to App Info for the Play Store, click on Storage and click on Clear Cache. Next I click on Disable, and restarted the phone.

After the restart I opened the Play Store and it asked me to verity that's my account. I started the Play Store again to check for Apps update and it asked me to agree to the terms etc.

A few minutes later I checked for system updates and nothing, frustrated I check again, and again, and bang! There's an update. Not sure why it is so big at over 1g.

Screenshot_20171214-110216.jpg

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I still don't have the update, kinda frustrating cause I'm seeing all these other Pixel peeps getting it.

I tried sideloading from my Macbook Pro and got a message on the phone that said.." ERROR-This device is not campatible and cannot complete request"
Which is weird, cause I sideloaded 8.0 Beta to my Essential yesterday from said MBP. ???

Did you try rebooting the laptop and the phone? I finally caved and side-loaded at work this morning. I did need to reboot the phone in order to get my MacBook to recognize the device while it was in recovery. I'm running High Sierra FWIW.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for 8.1...

Ugh. Why does it always seem that everyone gets this stuff before I do?

Pixel 2 XL on Project Fi.

If I don't get it OTA soon, I am going to breakdown and sideload it.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Waiting for 8.1...

Ugh. Why does it always seem that everyone gets this stuff before I do?

Pixel 2 XL on Project Fi.

If I don't get it OTA soon, I am going to breakdown and sideload it.

I ended up side loading the update. Just got tired of waiting. Didn't need to unlock the bootloader either.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Got the update yesterday (Thursday) for my pixel 2. It seemed to fixed the bad in call phone speaker crackling issue. The battery does drain quite a bit faster. But I'm not too worried about it.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Got the update yesterday (Thursday) for my pixel 2. It seemed to fixed the bad in call phone speaker crackling issue. The battery does drain quite a bit faster. But I'm not too worried about it.

I too have noticed a big difference in battery drain but still easily making it through the day on 1 charge. Had me a little concerned at first but still ending my days with around 30% left. Awesome phone for sure!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419