Pixel 2 XL or Pixel XL?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So I'm going back to the Pixel but I'm having a hard time choosing. I loved the first generation but the second generation's issues kind of make me afraid of getting it. But the big screen and the latest improvements are really interesting to me.

What do you guys think? Pixel XL or Pixel 2 XL?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So I'm going back to the Pixel but I'm having a hard time choosing. I loved the first generation but the second generation's issues kind of make me afraid of getting it. But the big screen and the latest improvements are really interesting to me.

I would grab the Pixel 2 XL at this point. The issues are overblown. I have one and it's a great device. Does it have the greatest screen? No. But as long as you get a decent one (I did, first time too), then you'll likely be happy with it. You'll get a blazing fast device with a great camera and fast updates.

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I really like my 2XL. I have had it about 2 months now with no issues. It's on Fi with no issues either.
Randy

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Don't sweat the issues..... If you do have an issue Google stands behind the product and offers great support that is readily available right from your phone if need be.
Get the model that you really and truly prefer.... forget about all the other nonsense. For my own personal preference the bigger the screen the better but ultimately you should decide.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It depends:
1. Are you getting a new Pixel XL or a used one?
2. What's the cost difference between the two?
You'll still be getting OS updates and monthly Security updates for awhile on the Pixel XL so that's a plus. Perhaps it makes sense to spend less now and then be able to go all in on the Pixel 3 XL?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
It depends:
1. Are you getting a new Pixel XL or a used one?
2. What's the cost difference between the two?
You'll still be getting OS updates and monthly Security updates for awhile on the Pixel XL so that's a plus. Perhaps it makes sense to spend less now and then be able to go all in on the Pixel 3 XL?

It would either be a new or a very very very mint condition Pixel XL. It has to be 128 GB too.

From what I could see this morning I might have to give up on the 2XL. It was available for $0 at my carrier but that was the 64GB and I need the 128GB as I put everything on my local memory. I don't use Google Photos and have a crap ton of MP3 files that are not available through streaming. But maybe I'll wait it out until the price drops more but honestly the first generation XL would be perfect for me.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well. I just ordered the pixel 2xl for myself. See how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't take long to ship.

I'm going to return the S9 plus. Great phone. No problems at all. But after reading how most everyone here keeps raving on about the pixel I figured I'd give it a whirl.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well. I just ordered the pixel 2xl for myself. See how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't take long to ship.

I'm going to return the S9 plus. Great phone. No problems at all. But after reading how most everyone here keeps raving on about the pixel I figured I'd give it a whirl.
I just got it too. Using it side by side with my iPhone X trying to get myself away from iOS. It's a super nice phone. I love the size of the X, just hate being so closed off on iOS

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Oh how I wish my current phone was worth enough to return it and get the Pixel 2 instead! ;)

(I got a Moto Z2 Play).

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
That's a solid phone for the money though isn't it?

Oh it's a great phone, absolutely. But I'm missing the regular updates that a Pixel offers. The Z2 Play still doesn't have Oreo whereas Pixels are up to 8.1 and will get 9 in September. I miss that. It's my only beef really.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh it's a great phone, absolutely. But I'm missing the regular updates that a Pixel offers. The Z2 Play still doesn't have Oreo whereas Pixels are up to 8.1 and will get 9 in September. I miss that. It's my only beef really.
How is the camera?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware