Pixel 2xl or 3xl?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I would appreciate some unbiased feedback. I have a Nexus 6, and i'm going to update to a newer Google device. My neighbor has the 2xl, and has told me that i can still buy a new one from Google. He says that the 3xl isn't worth the extra money that i would spend, plus the 2xl still has the LED light that Google did away with on the 3xl, and the battery is larger. I would like to hear from anyone who has had experience with both phones. Thanks.:p

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 2xl. Couldn't justify the price bump of the 3xl for what I consider marginal improvements. Was a bit worried about the screen but my 2xl which has a later manufacture date has no screen issues. Not a fan of the thick notch which makes the usable screen size the same as the 2xl when hidden. Don't care much about wireless charging and always preferred the in hand feel of the 2xl. The glass back of the 3xl just doesn't feel as nice to me. 2xl also comes with a 2 year warranty.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The value of something is a very personal decision. I have a Pixel 2 and I'll be getting a Pixel 3 in January. For me, it's worth it. For you, it might not be. Here are two videos comparing the two. If it weren't for the camera features, i probably wouldn't change. And, I'm older than dirt and twice as gritty so I can spend the money if I want. Pixel 3xl: better screen, waterproofing, wireless charging, camera features, wide-angle front camera. But, take your pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0payGskOok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shxZV_PozXg

RedCarp703

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
I would recommend the 2XL. I used both in store and went home with a 2XL. The LED, the feel in the hand, the bigger battery, and the price were all considerations that helped with my decision. You will be happiest with the 2XL.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm leaning towards the 2xl, as i'm on a fixed income.:p
You seem like a person who doesn't really care about the latest specs phone considering you are still using your Nexus 6P (that's a good thing).

So my advice is, look up Pixel 2 XL on Craigslist and snatch gently used one for $400 to $450. That's half the price of a 3 XL.

you will be happy you did.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You seem like a person who doesn't really care about the latest specs phone considering you are still using your Nexus 6P (that's a good thing).

So my advice is, look up Pixel 2 XL on Craigslist and snatch gently used one for $400 to $450. That's half the price of a 3 XL.

you will be happy you did.

I'll check that out. By the way, my phone is older than the 6P, it's the 6. Thanks.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
OP, a new 2XL from Google offers a deep discount, a beautiful screen, the security of a 2 year warranty, and 3 years of (full size) Google Photo uploads. From Google you'll likely get a device that was manufactured sometime this fall.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Though I do not have the 2 XL, I have the smaller 2; and have really loved it! I've had it since April. One of my friends has the 2 XL and does not see the need to update to the 3 XL.

The 3 XL is awesome but there are only, in my opinion, incremental and somewhat subjective (to the views of others) upgrades over the 2 XL.

I think it all boils down to what you prefer. The 2 XL would still get regular security updates for a while; and it would get the job done just as well as the 3 XL. The 2 XL would be less expensive as well; but if you think you'd make use of the 3 XL for the next couple of years, then the 3 XL could be a good fit as well.

Let us know what you decide!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Get the 2XL. Not enough improvements to justify the cost of a 3XL. There are deals on brand new 2's and the 2's are every bit as capable as the 3's.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Get the 2XL. Not enough improvements to justify the cost of a 3XL. There are deals on brand new 2's and the 2's are every bit as capable as the 3's.

Couldn't agree more! There will be lots of good deals on the 2 series, especially around the holidays/Boxing Week.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
There MIGHT be a reason to upgrade to a 4 ... but so far, no compelling reason to upgrade to a 3. I'm waiting to see about the 4's, as I have a P2.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The Google Store has a sale going on until New Year's Eve. $599
It's just me, but I won't do that. There are TONS of mint condition used Pixel 2 and XL on Craigslist and Swappa for $300 and $400. Why pay $600 plus tax for over a year old phone?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I 'm in the same boat i can't decide
Money not an issue to you? Pixel 3 XL.
You are on budget? Plenty of mint condition used Pixel 2 XL to be had for dirt cheap. That's what I did and phone is a beast.

If paying $900+ for a new pixel 3 xl doesn't make me feel like about to pass out, I would do that lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83