Pixel 3 Battery reports

Stevelopez91

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so far I'm absolutely loving this phone, but literally the one thing that worries me is the battery performance. Yesterday after my initial setup, I juiced up to 100% and then unplugged and played a little bit before going to bed. I went to bed at about 93% and woke up at 79%. Messed around a bit more throughout the day and got to around 19% with about 2 hours and 40 minutes screen on time. That's wayyy below what I used to get even on my aging pixel XL.

How's everyone's battery holding up? Is this more or less normal since it's brand new? Let's start sharing some battery reports!

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the 3 XL and it has by far the best battery life of any smart phone I have had. I have AOD turned off. I charged to 93% 18+ hours ago, have 50% battery left, and screen usage of 2:45.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
All phones, including the Pixel 3 / 3XL will take approximately a week or so to settle in and start incorporating adaptive battery given the apps you have installed. I would say give it some time and the battery life may get better. Don't expect the battery to be on par with Note 9 or iPhone Xs Max, but should be OK to last you through your day.

Mill051382

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm a current Pixel XL owner who upgraded to the Pixel 3. I am activating the new one tomorrow morning. My biggest fear is that the battery won't be sufficient. If I'm disappointed, I'll send it back for the XL. I will just have to adjust to the notch!

mnowak1228

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
All phones, including the Pixel 3 / 3XL will take approximately a week or so to settle in and start incorporating adaptive battery given the apps you have installed. I would say give it some time and the battery life may get better. Don't expect the battery to be on par with Note 9 or iPhone Xs Max, but should be OK to last you through your day.

This exactly!! I activated my P3XL last night and have gotten a little better battery life then my P2XL. Give it some time to record your usage and settle in.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an original Pixel and the Pixel 3 has a bigger battery. I have no complaints with my current phone. What gives?

Last edited:

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If you guys notice the pixel phone seems to change as you use it.
Minor changes but I have noticed it change.

Wife seen my 3XL for the 1st time.
And played with it.
I said did the notch bother you.
She said I never noticed it.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I just came from an OG XL and the battery life is much improved. My old phone was really starting to burn through a charge, needing to be filled during the day, particularly if I planned to go out at night.

I chalk it up to being a new battery more than anything else. I do have the 3xl, so my battery is slightly larger.

That said, the phone feels like a really nice upgrade, I think you will find it worth it.
I'm a current Pixel XL owner who upgraded to the Pixel 3. I am activating the new one tomorrow morning. My biggest fear is that the battery won't be sufficient. If I'm disappointed, I'll send it back for the XL. I will just have to adjust to the notch!

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think they've done some nice work with programming graphic flow around the notch. I thought it would take me a bit to get over, but it has not bothered me at all.

I wish it were smaller, and I do anticipate notification overflow at times, but not nearly the issue the that was anticipated.
If you guys notice the pixel phone seems to change as you use it.
Minor changes but I have noticed it change.

Wife seen my 3XL for the 1st time.
And played with it.
I said did the notch bother you.
She said I never noticed it.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I had over 5 hours talk time and right at 4 hours screen time today on my first day with the regular 3.
I also had about 25 min of maps usage.
That was with AOD on all day. I put it on charge with 37% remaining. That's on par with my s9. I wouldn't have charged it but we was heading out to a football game and I didn't want to get caught short.

I'm loving this phone so far. But I'm a little ill about the way notification works but I guess I'll get over it. LOL.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
For me the battery is ok. I'm getting about 4 1/2 hrs SOT. I was expecting it to be a bit better since I was getting around 6 hrs with the S8 which had 3000 mAh Battery.

Last edited:

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
This is the first day from a full charge on the Pixel 3.
Not sure if that's good or not...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181019-214025.jpg
    Screenshot_20181019-214025.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 156

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Still using lots of screen time for learning and setup but battery life seems to be a weakness on the P3. I would have preferred widening to 16:9 ratio at the same height and using the extra space for RAM and bigger battery. Also the Gboard needs a little more width and alternate/long-press characters for the letter keys. That said, I like the phone a lot and the Power Delivery charge adds a big boost quickly.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This is the first day from a full charge on the Pixel 3.
Not sure if that's good or not...

5 hour and 24 minutes screen time is good. Yeah my pixel 3 battery life actually is better than what I expected too. Very glad I went with the smaller one.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
5 hour and 24 minutes screen time is good. Yeah my pixel 3 battery life actually is better than what I expected too. Very glad I went with the smaller one.

So far mine is the same, maybe better than my Pixel 2. But this is also before adaptive battery has had a chance to learn my habits, so hopefully that will help.