Pixel 3a xl on the way

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
What are the best charge cables and charging blocks for this phone, I have my collection of micro USB I will have to change over

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What are the best charge cables and charging blocks for this phone, I have my collection of micro USB I will have to change over
I just use an Amazon Basics USB-C cable, but use this USB Power Delivery Wall Charger. It's worked perfectly for almost a year, and allows rapid charging.
iClever 45W USB Type C Power Delivery Wall Charger, PD Adapter with Foldable Plug for Apple MacBook 2015/2016, Nintendo Switch, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PQFJK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6792887

AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GGKZ2S...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6792887
ec6246face846d40c43f8c36d512a1e3.jpg
3410c266dec74c51afab06a6928a9c67.jpg

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Link please. I am seeing some chargers with the usb c port for use with a dual usb c cable. Any reason not to use a cable with usb c and usb 3.0?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Link please. I am seeing some chargers with the usb c port for use with a dual usb c cable. Any reason not to use a cable with usb c and usb 3.0?
Pixels only rapidly charge with a power delivery (pd) charger that is usb-c to usb-c. Any other connection, like quick charge 3.0 will make it charge very slowly. So only buy a charger that supports PD to charge the 3axl

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok I'll get one ordered. Everywhere else I have the Samsung fast chargers, I am assuming those are the ones you say I should stay away from.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations and Happy Phone Day! Hope you enjoy your 3a XL and let us know how you like it when you receive it! :)

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on the new phone. It's an excellent device. And I concur with all posts about sticking to original OEM chargers and cables. I bought 2 extra Google OEM chargers & cables, in addition to the ones that came with our phones, for our Pixel 3a and 4XL and have had no issues. They just plain work and you don't need to guess on wattages, amperages, etc. Spend a little extra up front and avoid possible issues down the road.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I've not had any problems with quality third party cables and chargers. Think Anker, Aukey, RavPower, Choetech, etc. Buy from Amazon so it can easily be returned if necessary. Get an app that measures charging power so you can verify that it's fast charging.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've not had any problems with quality third party cables and chargers. Think Anker, Aukey, RavPower, Choetech, etc. Buy from Amazon so it can easily be returned if necessary. Get an app that measures charging power so you can verify that it's fast charging.
I've used my 3rd party charger for about a year, and no problems I can see.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have used other chargers with my older pixel phones but My husband will only ever use genuine Google cables and chargers. It is sensible.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
This is one example and there been many more about non OEM chargers on pixels

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1000582

Ah but that's a P3 wireless charger. I have heard about the issues with wireless charging (particularly "fast" chargers) and the P3, and I would certainly be leery of anything non-OEM there. But the P3a does not support wireless. I have not heard anything on wired issues, especially when using certified chargers and cables. There used to be a database from Benson Leung on this but it doesn't seem to be maintained anymore. Well reviewed wired chargers from Amazon will work fine. Just don't go with unknown names, or anything that is priced to good to be true.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ah but that's a P3 wireless charger. I have heard about the issues with wireless charging (particularly "fast" chargers) and the P3, and I would certainly be leery of anything non-OEM there. But the P3a does not support wireless. I have not heard anything on wired issues, especially when using certified chargers and cables. There used to be a database from Benson Leung on this but it doesn't seem to be maintained anymore. Well reviewed wired chargers from Amazon will work fine. Just don't go with unknown names, or anything that is priced to good to be true.
I had my pixel 3a,3xl and my pixel 4xl not fast charge with OEM Samsung fast chargers, and Anker brand charger cable and brick.
https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-4-usb-c-cables-1056579/

I just find sticking with orginal is less issues, and wanted OP to be aware of it .

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
My go to for cables and chargers is Aukey. I mostly use a Aukey 18w PD wall charger with a Amazon basics usbc to usbc cable. I prefer that to the oem charger.