Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
USB Data transfer from pixel4a to pc:
1. pc on
2. usb-a to pc
3. pixel 4a on
4. plug in usb-c to pixel 4a
5. swipe pixel 4a down from top.
6. You should see "Android system • charging this device by usb" TAP THIS one line message!
7. A second two line message should:: appear:
"Charging this device by USB"
" tap for more options".
TAP IT!
8. A "usb preferences" page appears. Only one change is needed! Look in the lower button group labled "use usb for:"
Click the radio button "File Transfer / Android Auto".

Thats all there is to it. File Explorer should now open automatically preset to the Pixel4a folder. Your files will be in the subfolder "internal shared storage"
Pretty straight forward from there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for the tip. Were you trying to respond to a previous question with this?

whazznext

Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
I read many descriptions of how to do this and found by much experimentation which steps were missing and finally succeeded then documentated it.
Perhaps I missinderstood the purpose of this group?
I answered my own question, I suppose. Perhaps it saves someone a couple of hours? If this is inappropriate, simply delete it.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
USB Data transfer from pixel4a to pc:
1. pc on
2. usb-a to pc
3. pixel 4a on
4. plug in usb-c to pixel 4a
5. swipe pixel 4a down from top.
6. You should see "Android system • charging this device by usb" TAP THIS one line message!
7. A second two line message should:: appear:
"Charging this device by USB"
" tap for more options".
TAP IT!
8. A "usb preferences" page appears. Only one change is needed! Look in the lower button group labled "use usb for:"
Click the radio button "File Transfer / Android Auto".

Thats all there is to it. File Explorer should now open automatically preset to the Pixel4a folder. Your files will be in the subfolder "internal shared storage"
Pretty straight forward from there.

Yea
Same with all other android phones I have used in the past few years.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I read many descriptions of how to do this and found by much experimentation which steps were missing and finally succeeded then documentated it.
Perhaps I missinderstood the purpose of this group?
I answered my own question, I suppose. Perhaps it saves someone a couple of hours? If this is inappropriate, simply delete it.

No, it's totally fine that you posted this -- that's why I said thanks for the tip!;) I was just wondering if it was in response to someone else's question -- if it was, I would've offered to merge it with that thread. New users aren't always clear on how to respond to another person's question, so I just wanted to make sure.

See you around the forums!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d