Pixel 6 pro to 7 pro

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying the 7 pro to replace my 6 pro. My 6 pro suffers from poor network coverage. Poor speed and the usual network issues. I can get a good deal on one at the moment. Is there a marked improvement in network coverage/speed coming from the 6 pro to 7 pro?
Thanks

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
There is for me. I still have my P6P and compared to my P7P, they're two different devices. My biggest issue with the P6P was network connectivity. I have yet to have an issue with network connectivity with my P7P. Period. I see a lot of complaints on Reddit about the poor performance from the modem with the 7 series, but I haven't experienced it. Am I lucky? I don't think so. This device just works and has worked right for me since it launched. Hope that helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My 7 Pro has been great on T-Mobile in the Silicon Valley area. But to be honest, I didn't have any real issues with my 6 Pro here either, even though the cell signal indicator would often be only up to 2-3 bars.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I cannot speak to the P6P because I did not have any of the 6 series. However I do have the P7P and it is fine for me using Mint (T-Mobile). In either case do NOT look at the signal bars as they mean NOTHING! The bars can easily be manipulated (calibrated) by the OEM's to show you whatever they want to show you. You must either use a 3rd party app to measure true signal strength or use the built in ability in the phones settings.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
My 7 Pro has been great on T-Mobile in the Silicon Valley area. But to be honest, I didn't have any real issues with my 6 Pro here either, even though the cell signal indicator would often be only up to 2-3 bars.
I have to agree with you. I don't live in as populous an area. But I find even in the mountains/ foothills west of me my connectivity is on par with other brands. I don't even look at the signal bars anymore.

Reactions: B. Diddy