Question Pixel 6

fancyfranci

Apr 19, 2024
Visit site
an app on my pixel 6 is adding calendar events to my google calendar but not to the default email address, the events are being added to another email address that is synced in my calendar but i want it to use my default email address as specified on the google account configured on the phone.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

What app are you using to add these events?

Is it adding them to the calendar on the phone just locally or does it add them to your actual Google calendar?

On the flipside of that you say it isn't adding them to one of your accounts, the one that it is adding them to, is it a Google account? Do the items show up on the actual account, like if you logged in to a PC and went to the account online, it shows up there or it only shows up locally on this calendar?

In the calendar settings is the account you want to use the default account on that calendar? I know you're saying it is the default for the device but I'm asking that you look at the calendar app and the app you're using to add these events and see if there is a way to make this missing account the default. One way to know which is the default for the calendar would be to create an event using the calendar and see which account it attempts to add the event to.

Are the accounts properly sync'd? If memory serves there are different levels to syncing calendars. There is read only and read, write and remove. One way you can share your calendar but whomever it is shared with can view but not alter and the other accepts changes.

Let us know what you find and we can offer you more advice. Please include what this other app is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's also possible that the app is adding events to the calendar that's specific to the email address you use for that app. You might need to log into that app using your primary Google/Gmail account, if you aren't already.

fancyfranci

Apr 19, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

What app are you using to add these events?

Is it adding them to the calendar on the phone just locally or does it add them to your actual Google calendar?

On the flipside of that you say it isn't adding them to one of your accounts, the one that it is adding them to, is it a Google account? Do the items show up on the actual account, like if you logged in to a PC and went to the account online, it shows up there or it only shows up locally on this calendar?

In the calendar settings is the account you want to use the default account on that calendar? I know you're saying it is the default for the device but I'm asking that you look at the calendar app and the app you're using to add these events and see if there is a way to make this missing account the default. One way to know which is the default for the calendar would be to create an event using the calendar and see which account it attempts to add the event to.

Are the accounts properly sync'd? If memory serves there are different levels to syncing calendars. There is read only and read, write and remove. One way you can share your calendar but whomever it is shared with can view but not alter and the other accepts changes.

Let us know what you find and we can offer you more advice. Please include what this other app is.
Thanks for your reply.
the app is called STRONG pilates and bookings were updating a google calendar that was not the default google calendar set on my phone, so i decided to remove the google account from my phone that i wanted to stop being used by default by the app bookings. This seemed to work and my default google calendar is now being updated so i have added back the second google account.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit