pixel Gboard speech to text

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
So for awhile now when I am going to send a text message and I go to tap the microphone to. utilize speech to text it makes a double tone type of sound and doesn't do anything. Normally it makes a beep noise and turns blue and then you start speaking but now it just makes a double beeping sound like the start speaking and stop speaking tone all at once and will not activate. Any ideas as to what's causing this?or anyone else having this problem with Gboard?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So for awhile now when I am going to send a text message and I go to tap the microphone to. utilize speech to text it makes a double tone type of sound and doesn't do anything. Normally it makes a beep noise and turns blue and then you start speaking but now it just makes a double beeping sound like the start speaking and stop speaking tone all at once and will not activate. Any ideas as to what's causing this?or anyone else having this problem with Gboard?

works fine here.. TTS could be crashing. I would clear data cache of google TTS engine app in settings

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Been using Google Keyboard since it dropped, never had an issue with the Voice Typing feature. Good thing, as I use it all the time.

In the past few days - maybe a week, I've been getting the same issue as you. The Voice Typing icon makes an unhappy sound and it doesn't work. A restart has fixed it every time so far.

Definitely an issue for me.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I cleared all caches for everything I could think of. and rolled Back to the previous update and it's working fine for now. I have no idea what's causing it but it must of been the latest Gboard update I'm thinking. before I could resolve it with a simple restart of the phone but it got to the point where it couldn't be corrected any longer.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
This started for me with the public release of Oreo.
Only fix is a restart. Sometimes it will clear up on its own for a short while then come back. This combined with terrible battery performance makes me regret installing the final release of Oreo. The DP versions didn't have these problems. For me anyway.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My talk to text on Gboard has been working fine. I use it multiple times during the day and haven't had an issue yet. Hopefully it will continue to work as it has. Hope yours straightens out for you.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I exited the beta program for GBoard. Turned off auto updates for it in the play store. Then uninstalled all the updates. Worked flawless since.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup - I updated to O and that damn problem came right back.
As with previous posters, I uninstalled all GBoard updates and turned-off auto-update.
Working fine now.

Now that we've isolated the problem for free - Hey Google - go fix this thing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick