Pixel notification light?

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend Light Manager over Lightflow to configure your LED differently for apps. It's much more lightweight and works with all apps by default. Root not needed. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.koo.lightmanager&token=OvzemlVG

I second this recommendation. Very nice to have LED and control it. I did notice if you set it to Alternate mode it makes the ambient display go on and off constantly - I just put it in Normal and it seems to work fine.

Also, in the notification for LightManager click it and choose last option to not display it in the drop down. Note you do need to have notifications on for it to work correctly.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Lightflow, works as expected on my Pixel XL.

I've tried Light Manager in the past on other phones, and it never seemed to work properly for me so I went back to Lightflow.

On a related note, why doesn't Google build the control of the notification light colours into Android itself? Would seem like a natural to have it under a notifications menu.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on the phone.

Both my 6P and my wife's 5X have notification LED's and both sit on the bedside nightstand overnight. The 6P's led is tolerable; if I awaken during the course of the night I can glance over at it and see if there are any notifications.

The 5X, on the other hand, is incredibly bright and annoying. When on, it lights up a significant portion of the ceiling overhead and actually keeps me awake with its incessant flashing. Now, we make it a point to leave the 5X face-down overnight.

You can use sleep settings in Light flow to control when you don't want the light to flash. Would seem like a good solution for your sleep problems and the LED.

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
You have to go to setting notification than on the top right little gear icon hit that and turn it on. The light is in the speaker. Only lights up one color. But many apps in store you can change color.

Josh McFly

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, question I have only seen my notification light on when there is a text message. It has blinked for emails, missed calls or anything that I have seen. Is anyone else having the same issue?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
How does the notification light look with the white front? The light seems rather small and may not show up well at all on the silver version.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
How does the notification light look with the white front? The light seems rather small and may not show up well at all on the silver version.
All I've ever used is white phones, the LED is bright and crisp and very visible. You may want to use an external app like light flow or LED manager to increase the rate of The Flash and change the color.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware