Pixel owners how you feel new iPhone

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
It's not that different from the X I have already, well wife has now and she dump her iPhone 8+ on me...

I actually don't dislike Apple. I think they put out good products that fit wel a segment of the population. I just don't prefer iOS. The OS just is too frustrating for me to go all in with their offering.

I actually wish Microsoft could've gotten themselves straighten out. We need a strong 3rd player for consumers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
my wife getting the new iPhone , she thinks android phones are garbage 🙄
but does like my pixel for the pictures

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
my wife getting the new iPhone , she thinks android phones are garbage
Wow! Must be nice to have a thousand dollars to throw at a phone. That's nearly a month's wages for my hubby!! Still if you can afford it then it's a good option if you don't mind the notch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wow! Must be nice to have a thousand dollars to throw at a phone. That's nearly a month's wages for my hubby!! Still if you can afford it then it's a good option if you don't mind the notch.

No No I don't have thousands to blow away, I always sell one phone to eat some of the cost out the pocket. The iPhone 8 plus will be traded in for about 400.00 off . That's what I do when I upgrade or she does. 1 phone has to be sold

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can afford any of the apple phones but think they are way too expensive. Just like the notch set a trend, the higher prices are also setting a trend. Future android flagships are going to be more expensive as a result. In my case I'm going to keep my devices longer but when I do upgrade I will be paying that higher cost to get my next phone. Ugh.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
No No I don't have thousands to blow away, I always sell one phone to eat some of the cost out the pocket. The iPhone 8 plus will be traded in for about 400.00 off . That's what I do when I upgrade or she does. 1 phone has to be sold
Ah makes sense now. We don't get good trade ins over here and most phones are bought on a 2 year contract. If I wanted to upgrade my pixel 2 xl O2 will charge me nearly £540 to do so. I wouldn't get that trying to sell it. So I am keeping my phone for another year till it is paid off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ah makes sense now. We don't get good trade ins over here and most phones are bought on a 2 year contract. If I wanted to upgrade my pixel 2 xl O2 will charge me nearly £540 to do so. I wouldn't get that trying to sell it. So I am keeping my phone for another year till it is paid off.

Definitely pay it off , and trust me your not losing out because that phone is already great in another year something will be out and then you can decide , but the pixel 2xl is a solid phone for 2 or 3 years more

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Zero interest in the "new" iPhones, but tempted to get one of the smaller, older phones while they are discounted and before they disappear. My Pixel 2 is a little too big and my son's iPhone 7 is just about perfect, though I do really enjoy the tiny size of my wife's iPhone SE for most things. Frankly, my wife may have to migrate away from iPhones with the lack of headphone jacks. She needs to be able to plug into all sorts of different audio devices for her work, and they don't always have Bluetooth. None of our cars have Bluetooth. Plus, she's not the sort of person to remember to bring her wireless headphones, have them charged, and not lose one of the expensive things almost immediately. So we have tons of cheapo wired earbuds stashed all over the place.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't dislike Apple. I think they put out good products that fit wel a segment of the population. I just don't prefer iOS. The OS just is too frustrating for me to go all in with their offering.

I actually wish Microsoft could've gotten themselves straighten out. We need a strong 3rd player for consumers.

I agree. It may not be my fav but I don't hate it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
my wife getting the new iPhone , she thinks android phones are garbage ??????

I honestly am hoping the new stuff Apple is doing matches the Pixel with the processing after photos. If they can do that then they keep pushing each other and we all win :D.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I honestly am hoping the new stuff Apple is doing matches the Pixel with the processing after photos. If they can do that then they keep pushing each other and we all win :D.

I thought my s9+ with its dual aperture was going to do it but didn't, I think the new iPhone's have a chance but we see. When my wife gets hers I'll be messing around with it and I'll get my X back which I liked a lot

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

I agree. A12 with the new neural network capabilities will be interesting on how they utilize that. I am glad they are bringing in Smart HDR. I hope they push hard and compete hard in the space. Consumers ultimately win when there's healthy competition for their business.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree. A12 with the new neural network capabilities will be interesting on how they utilize that. I am glad they are bringing in Smart HDR. I hope they push hard and compete hard in the space. Consumers ultimately win when there's healthy competition for their business.

I agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886