Please check your nexus 7 tablet for backlight bleeding

Mongooze2

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I just checked mine and there were no dead pixels and no noticeable light bleed. If there had been some at full brightness it wouldn't bother me if it was undetectable in normal use.

Reflector75

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
"there are four lights..."

This is in automatic brightness mode when the screen produces low brightness. They are unnoticeable in high brightness.

I hope this is just 1 faulty device otherwise this is a real piece of crap model. :'(

bloodyNexus7.JPG

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have that along the left side of my tablet. It may be foolish to say that I don't mind, since it's only visible on a black screen. I'd rather keep this than go through a whole process of returning it. It's very mild, by the way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

0145ethan

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine has it in the lower left hand corner... after reading around I really decided I don't care, its normal... I don't like it but it isn't enough for me to leave this awesome device. My glass did pop up but you can heat the device up and push it down and it catch back just fine. In light you don't notice the bleeding so whatever... I'm OCD and I can handle it so I think everyone else will survive....

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Is it expected that all of these units have some backlight bleeding? I have gone through 4
Of these tablets and all have a bit of backlight bleed issues. You can see it when you turn brightness all the way up and use the screen tester app and use the black screen in the background. On some its not so bad with just a little along the edges. Is it acceptable for there to be some backlight bleed?

How to check.

Can you guys do me a favor and turn brightness all the way up making sure to turn off the auto dimmer.

Then download the free screen tester app.

Go through all the colors and check for dead pixels while your at it.

Now when you get to the black screen check to see if you have light coming through the corners.

Any shade of white that you see is backlight bleed.

I just want to know if this is a common defect. After going through literally five units all had backlight bleeding. That's a strong case that most of these units have some backlight bleed.

Oh, look. It's bbmamba, spamming more crap. What a surprise. Before you said you went through 10 units. Now it's 4. If you're going to lie, lie better.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Mark dx2

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I think I have BLB but to see it I actually have to turn the Brightness down and display anything with white or colors. Then it shows up as four bright lights shining onto the screen. I might swap this tablet out tomorrow as it also has really bad screen lift (the glass is very clearly above the bezel down the entire length of the left side).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan