PLEASE HELP GOsms settings

jeffjackson

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been customizing the interface settings and themes in the application gosms and everytime I close the app it resets my settings back to default. The app says I can fix this problem by removing a folder called "dbdata" but there's nothing in the folder!

SAMSUNG INFUSE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been customizing the interface settings and themes in the application gosms and everytime I close the app it resets my settings back to default. The app says I can fix this problem by removing a folder called "dbdata" but there's nothing in the folder!

SAMSUNG INFUSE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Same problem here. All I want to do is change from the (dainty and ugly) blue default theme to the iPhone look-a-like theme, but yeah, every time I restart the app (sometimes even before that) it reverts back to the default. The GO website has literally no information/support and a google search was fruitless.

I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem(s). :(

vicente213

May 17, 2011
Visit site
did you guys try deleting all possible files(on sd card or phone) then reinstalling it? it works fine with me. on a sidenote dolphin browser HD keeps doing this for me.

Probate Ted

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Was having the same problem with Handcent, but so far despite multiple restarts GO sms seems to be holding its settings. Now whether this is due to an update, or random chance, i have no idea.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem with my Samsung Infuse. Have tried both Go SMS and Handcent. The good thing about Go SMS is that your custom views are at least saved, so you can quickly go back to them after it is reset. Handcent doesn't appear to have that feature.

Has anybody figured this out? I've reported the issue to both Go SMS and Handcent development teams, but haven't heard anything back from them.

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems to be working fine on my phone. I have custom user settings saved and they always automatically load themselves anytime I eneter the app or reboot my phone.

Sent from my Infuse.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I reloaded Go SMS last night. The problem has happened at least 6 times, and I've had to manually go back and re-implement my custom settings. It's actually quite aggravating.

I'm thinking this might have something to do with pop up settings. I'm playing around a bit with those now to see if that makes any difference.

I used the diagnosis tool built into the app and sent them the logcatoutput.log file. Maybe the developer's team can analyze it.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Is nobody else having this problem? It happens frequently. I have noticed that if I keep Go SMS open, the settings are kept. But once I go back to my home screen, almost 100% of the time the settings are reset. Something isn't playing nicely here.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Is nobody else having this problem? It happens frequently. I have noticed that if I keep Go SMS open, the settings are kept. But once I go back to my home screen, almost 100% of the time the settings are reset. Something isn't playing nicely here.
Yes, I had that same problem and a similar problem with ChromeMarks. I backed up everything up using Titanium Backup and then did a factory reset... then I reinstalled everything and GO SMS (and Chromemarks) were functioning normally. Perhaps there is an easier way... but this is how I got it fixed. ;)

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure this is a problem with file access settings caused when you install/uninstall/reinstall an app. The reinstalled app doesn't have permissions to update the "prior" settings even though it is the same app.?? something like that.

You need to root your system to fix it. Also install "root explorer".

Then navigate to the dbdata/database and delete the appropriate named folder. Reinstall the offending app (in your case goSMS).

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure this is a problem with file access settings caused when you install/uninstall/reinstall an app. The reinstalled app doesn't have permissions to update the "prior" settings even though it is the same app.?? something like that.

Then navigate to the dbdata/database and delete the appropriate named folder. Reinstall the offending app (in your case goSMS).
Just so I'm clear, you are suggesting that I root my phone in order to solve this problem? That seems a little harsh, don't you think? I'm not against rooting it...but for the right reasons. I'm hoping the Go dev team will respond.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Good to know! Thx!

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Just so I'm clear, you are suggesting that I root my phone in order to solve this problem? That seems a little harsh, don't you think? I'm not against rooting it...but for the right reasons. I'm hoping the Go dev team will respond.

Correct. I think it's ridiculous but it worked for myself.

I don't think Go developers can fix it since it's an OS problem...not theirs? But who knows...maybe they will respond?

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
The lastest update from the Go development team seems to have resolved the issue of losing my custom settings. I'm thrilled!

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to uninstall and re-install? I still can't get mine to save...
No, I didn't have to uninstall and re-install. I took the update. I re-instituted my settings, and they have been in place ever since. I should mention that I am running Go Launcher EX along with Go SMS.