Please help-How do I stop my Samsung Galaxy on5 from continuously scanning for wifi?

Markvrb

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
I am having big time issues with my wifi. It is dropping and reconnecting every few minutes. It will not stop no matter whether I turn off Smartscan or connection scanning or whatever. Under system >wifi it has my network and keeps scanning every few seconds, recognizing 2 other networks (probably neighbors) and sometimes drops my wifi with a full strength signaling because it's detecting others. I want it constantly connected to my wifi ONLY, all the time. It won't stop scanning every few seconds recognizing other nearby networks no matter what I do. I've done a restart and turned off all scanning. It keeps scanning no matter. Please help.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone actually remembering those other wi-fi networks? Go to Settings>Wi-fi, and look through the saved networks. Forget any networks besides your home network. Does that help?

If these networks that the phone is trying to connect to are open public networks (i.e., don't require a password), then check your Advanced Wi-fi settings and see if there's an option to automatically connect to open public networks, and turn that off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch