Podcast programs

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
What are people using for podcasts on the Xoom? I looked at BeyondPod but I bet there are other favorites out there.

I've used both Google Listen and Dogcatcher. Both work pretty well. The main advantage of Dogcatcher is that it handles video podcasts.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Diablo3305

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've used both Google Listen and Dogcatcher. Both work pretty well. The main advantage of Dogcatcher is that it handles video podcasts.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

How is DoggCatcher on the Xoom? Thats probably my most used app on my Droid, which im looking forward to using on the Xoom when I get it.

buurin

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that Google Listen lowers the volume of the navigation.

If my voice navigation (Google Maps) kicks in while listening to a podcast via Google Listen the podcast will pause (this is good) but the navigation volume will be very soft.

I have checked the volume of the navigation app, it is at its max.
I have also tried this while listening to a podcast via the native Music app and the navigation volume works as expected.

For my usage this is a deal breaker.

I also don't like the size of Google Listen's buttons on Honeycomb. It needs to be optimized properly.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
dogcatcher is my number 1 used app on my droid X, I hope it works on my Xoom when it gets here.

Doggcatcher is amazing period. THE number 1 podcast app on android. Yes it works really well on the xoom. It is amazing how I use it more now on my xoom then I do my phone due to the xoom having a bigger battery, so I'm not wasting my phone's battery done.

Sent from my Xoom

Reactions: slwerner

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Doggcatcher is amazing period. THE number 1 podcast app on android. Yes it works really well on the xoom. It is amazing how I use it more now on my xoom then I do my phone due to the xoom having a bigger battery, so I'm not wasting my phone's battery done.

Sent from my Xoom

Seems like people who've used it really like Dogcatcher. I though t I'd check it out, but I don't seem to find it in the Market.

Is it just "dogcatcher", or is there another name I should be searching for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue