Possible to send speakerphone through bluetooth?

dcmidnight

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question most likely.

Friend of mine on the local PD got me turned onto the Scanner Radio program that plays over the speakerphone. Would love to listen to it some days on the ride home to get an idea about bigger accidents or road closures - but the app only plays through the speakerphone.

I have my evo paired to my cars bluetooth so I can use the phone over the speaker system. Is there any way to send that speakerphone signal through BT?

Yes, I admit, probably a stupid question. And yes I admit I could hold the phone and listen to the speakerphone - but thats not practical on most days.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes and no.

The EVO will broadcast over Bluetooth, but only for a device that can connect using that Bluetooth profile.

For example, I can connect to my Jawbone and my wife's car and stream music from the songs on my EVO or even through Pandora, but the Bluetooth in my car is a bit old, so it doesn't have that streaming profile.

What kind of car is it? It may be in the setup of the vehicle.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the app is hardcoded to use the speaker output only. Question: what happens when you plug headphones into the jack? Do you hear the scanner through the headphones or does it still come out of the speaker? If it still comes out of the speaker, then most likely the app is hardcoded to just pipe audio out the speaker. Are there any options in the app menu for chaging the audio output when BT or headphones are connected?

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have M$ Sync in both of my vehicles, and it will play EVERYTHING on the phone through the stereo...some louder than others which can startle you if a text or email comes through. Depends on the bluetooth setup.