Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I did the hand shutter speed test at Verizon today as I waited and waited (even though I had a supposed appointment time) to replace my Droid Maxx with a refurb. Droid Maxx. I would have gotten the Turbo if they would have taken a phone in trade for the $100 promotion but no dice.

Anyway, my Maxx had no trouble passing the hand test, but the three different Droid Turbos all were too slow to capture the hand. YMMV.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I did the hand shutter speed test at Verizon today as I waited and waited (even though I had a supposed appointment time) to replace my Droid Maxx with a refurb. Droid Maxx. I would have gotten the Turbo if they would have taken a phone in trade for the $100 promotion but no dice.

Anyway, my Maxx had no trouble passing the hand test, but the three different Droid Turbos all were too slow to capture the hand. YMMV.

The two Turbos I've had so far along with the 3 display models all screwed up in the hand test too.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
The two Turbos I've had so far along with the 3 display models all screwed up in the hand test too.

Absoultely same results. The hand test is a failure. There is definitely a delay in processing. Most of my pictures are stills without motion (selfies, vacation shots, etc..) but as of the current build, the camera app just can't capture fast movement up close.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... my Maxx HD passes the test, in all sorts of lighting conditions. I'm going to go to the store and try it on the Droid Turbo....and SG5, and Note 4, and Moto X, etc.

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Taken @ Times Square last night.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1055.jpg
    1055.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 1056.jpg
    1056.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 1065.jpg
    1065.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 1045.jpg
    1045.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 96

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Taken @ Times Square last night.

Thanks for posting these pics. That f 2.0 lens is showing it's worth. Very encouraging. Low light conditions with people in motion. Looks good!

Is there a delay from when you press the shutter and when the camera takes the picture? If so, how long?

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using 3 camera apps. The Moto, hq camera pro, and the Google Camera. The google camera has the least amount of delay.

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting these pics. That f 2.0 lens is showing it's worth. Very encouraging. Low light conditions with people in motion. Looks good!

Is there a delay from when you press the shutter and when the camera takes the picture? If so, how long?

Yes. This photo shows someone that was not there when it took the photo

Attachments

• 1062.jpg
    1062.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 75

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Went to the Verizon store (again!). Tried the hand test with the Droid Turbo and stock camera app. No hand in the photo. Tried the hand test using the Google camera app and Droid Turbo. Got blurry pictures of the tips of my fingers leaving the photo area. Tried it with Note 4 and SG5. Got pictures of my hand. Showed the hand test to the sales rep. He had never seen that and was severely bummed out about it.

I then had the sales rep walk across the floor in front of me about 8-10 feet away. Got a very good picture of him frozen in mid-step. The only blurry portion was his foot that was on the uptake from his previous step. All other parts of his body were in focus. There were in-store signs behind him with fairly small font printing on them. I could read them.

<Sigh>

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Went to the Verizon store (again!). Tried the hand test with the Droid Turbo and stock camera app. No hand in the photo. Tried the hand test using the Google camera app and Droid Turbo. Got blurry pictures of the tips of my fingers leaving the photo area. Tried it with Note 4 and SG5. Got pictures of my hand. Showed the hand test to the sales rep. He had never seen that and was severely bummed out about it.

I then had the sales rep walk across the floor in front of me about 8-10 feet away. Got a very good picture of him frozen in mid-step. The only blurry portion was his foot that was on the uptake from his previous step. All other parts of his body were in focus. There were in-store signs behind him with fairly small font printing on them. I could read them.

<Sigh>

But was he frozen where he was when you pressed the shutter or a step beyond? Just wondering.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Here is yet another in depth look at Camera2 API and what to expect when released within Android 5.0
Exciting to see what other camera applications might be able to do with Google's OEM app..

AnandTech | Manual Camera Controls and RAW in Android L

Interesting possibilities. According to the author the new Camera API will allow manual access to basic camera controls - shutter speed, ISO, focus, flash, etc. This will be a huge narrowing of the gap between the Camera API and a standard point & shoot camera. This is a significant change.

The $64,000 question will be how the developers of Camera apps decide to exploit these new opportunities. But with well developed apps to interface with the new Camera API, there is an opportunity for an vast improvement in picture quality. Of course picture quality is largely driven by the human behind the camera. Unfortunately opportunities for improvement there are extremely limited.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Here is another set from this weekend. If you notice the Helicopter that Army was used to do the drop with the American Flag, you can see details inside the cockpit and even the back tail rotor on the rudder. HDR auto kicks in in that picture and its noticeable in how crisp that picture was.

IMG_20141108_151751598_HDR.jpgIMG_20141108_152613914.jpgIMG_20141108_152655423_HDR.jpgIMG_20141108_173000928.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali