Post Your Droid X Screens!!

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Here is my current setup....I obviously like having alot of widgets, but you may notice I don't have any icons on screen except for in the lockscreen. I haven't seen anyone else try this, but what I do is I use folder organizer combined with launcher pro to keep icons off screen. If you look at the docks on the bottoms of my screens, you will see the folders. The root explorer folder opens up root apps, tools icon opens up tools folder, etc. On the lockscreen, the little robot guy opens up to my lockscreen apps (soundhound, pandora, etc.)

This allows me to use alot of widgets but still keep my screen relatively clean.

You should check out QuickDesk, it goes along well with trying to maximize your phone screen space.

QuickDesk BETA - Android app on AppBrain

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is my new screens with my take on the WinAndroid7 theme from xda.

I tried to keep it clean and simple. also i have the notifications on my phone, mail, and text icons.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys! And yes the concept comes from the xda forum.

In regards to the notifications, there is a modified sms notifier out there that incorporates sms, gmail, missed calls into the 3 different icon pictures. I'll post a link later tonight if I have time.

I'm running the newest tranquility rom with nexus theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

do you know how to use desktop visualizer to make a custom icon for a folder?

or how i can make something that shows all my games? it's the one place i'm having issues with my wp7 style theme...

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
do you know how to use desktop visualizer to make a custom icon for a folder?

or how i can make something that shows all my games? it's the one place i'm having issues with my wp7 style theme...

I used folder organizer for that reason. You would assign everything you want in a folder with folder organizer. When you go to desktop visualizer and click on the "launch" click on other and then it says folder organizer link, and your folder you created with that app will be there.

If you look in my previous post on my second screen my games, connect, video, and tools icons are all created through that.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I used folder organizer for that reason. You would assign everything you want in a folder with folder organizer. When you go to desktop visualizer and click on the "launch" click on other and then it says folder organizer link, and your folder you created with that app will be there.

If you look in my previous post on my second screen my games, connect, video, and tools icons are all created through that.

cool beans, i thought it might be something like that, just wasn't sure if there was another way.

going to be trying that out today in between work :p

oh, and are your icons jpgs or pngs? i used jpgs from the site on xda and they have some compression artifacts, i think i'll spend some time today or tomorrow and build some clean icons from scratch...

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
New screens. I think after all the upgrading and rom management stuff I did last week, I actually might stick with this setup for a bit. Info - I running the 2.2 leak, upgraded with the build.props so I am up to date with the ota, flyx over top, black status bar through rom manager

Here they are L to R.

61d19785-5bdb-238b.jpg

61d19785-5bf3-1af4.jpg

61d19785-5c04-59ce.jpg

61d19785-5c88-e354.jpg

61d19785-5c9b-ff36.jpg

61d19785-5caf-e1a5.jpg

Note: FrameMe widget is awesome. Usually pictures of wife and baby, but she wouldn't be down with me posting them publicly, thus characters from my comic books for this purpose.

61d19785-5d12-2f5a.jpg

Feedr is the bomb for rss feeds. Also, I have the center droid guy holding the tools at the bottom dock set as a shortcut to open my system utilities folder created in folder organizer. Opens to this:

61d19785-5d8d-fd40.jpg

EDIT: I don't get it - I shot all the pics the same way through droidcap, but the only one that posted through Tapatalk the right size was the last one. Weird. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

you need to tell me how to get the lil droid people i love it.

sensatti

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Had to jump on the ap7 bandwagon as the layout is so nice. Gonna make some custom icons today and if they turn out well I'll post them up.

CAP201010021053.jpg
CAP2010100210531.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware