Posting pics in this forum

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Ok keep us posted
No joy. Still can't upload pics directly from the AC app. I had to upload via Tapatalk. There is still no way to give the AC app access to local storage.

f5a3461a380a78b48bda8dd85672bf60.jpg
5382750b53bed48411f27afa198acd73.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
No joy. Still can't upload pics directly from the AC app. I had to upload via Tapatalk. There is still no way to give the AC app access to local storage.

f5a3461a380a78b48bda8dd85672bf60.jpg
5382750b53bed48411f27afa198acd73.jpg
Yep, that's the message I kept getting . I thought I was slow ( I am slow on a good day lol) because I wasn't seeing a way to access it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Like I said previously. It is a problem with the AC app itself. We can upload photos fine from Tapatalk and web browser. Not everyone accesses Android Central using Tapatalk though.
Yeah but your not understanding me , Android Central Forum apps runs off Tapatalk platform so when a issue happens it's not Android Central issue it's Tapatalk issue which AC can't do much about if you look through site feedback forums here you see what I'm talking about.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yeah but your not understanding me , Android Central Forum apps runs off Tapatalk platform so when a issue happens it's not Android Central issue it's Tapatalk issue which AC can't do much about if you look through site feedback forums here you see what I'm talking about.
I understand, but I don't think that is correct. Tapatalk is nothing more than an aggregator. It accesses AC via the AC web portal. If you were to decompile Tapatalk, you will probably see that it doesn't use the AC app to access AC.

In a nutshell, Tapatalk does not use any other apps permissions. That would be very bad coding practice and could cause a lot of problems.

Therefore, it is an issue with the AC app. The person who wrote the AC app didn't give the app the proper permissions to request.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I understand, but I don't think that is correct. Tapatalk is nothing more than an aggregator. It accesses AC via the AC web portal. If you were to decompile Tapatalk, you will probably see that it doesn't use the AC app to access AC.

In a nutshell, Tapatalk does not use any other apps permissions. That would be very bad coding practice and could cause a lot of problems.

Therefore, it is an issue with the AC app. The person who wrote the AC app didn't give the app the proper permissions to request.
All you can do is report and leave feedback I'm sure if there is anything more @Bla1ze would help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

By the way I'm testing this on a few phones
Pixel 8 pro/Samsung s23u/Pixel Fold/Fold 5

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

It is correct. The AC forums app is literally just a stripped down, white labelled version of Tapatalk.

Tapatalk however keeps the white labelled versions of the app a few updates behind (look at the AC forums description on Google Play, it even says now updated to the latest Tapatalk backend).

Additionally, look at the app package name for the AC Forums app (com.quoord.tapatalkacf.activity), no decompiling required. It's Tapatalk .

In any case, we have to wait for Tapatalk to update the app for it to be fixed or alternatively, use Tapatalk directly as they offer a higher version.

There's also no shortage of other ways to add images. You can do it from the mobile site (which also acts like an app) or you can insert an image using IMGUR or one of the countless other image hosting sites.

Reactions: mustang7757

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
It is correct. The AC forums app is literally just a stripped down, white labelled version of Tapatalk.

Tapatalk however keeps the white labelled versions of the app a few updates behind (look at the AC forums description on Google Play, it even says now updated to the latest Tapatalk backend).

Additionally, look at the app package name for the AC Forums app (com.quoord.tapatalkacf.activity), no decompiling required. It's Tapatalk .

In any case, we have to wait for Tapatalk to update the app for it to be fixed or alternatively, use Tapatalk directly as they offer a higher version.

There's also no shortage of other ways to add images. You can do it from the mobile site (which also acts like an app) or you can insert an image using IMGUR or one of the countless other image hosting sites.
*sigh* This issue has nothing to do with Tapatalk. This is an issue with the AC Forums app permissions. Please stop conflating the two apps.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
*sigh* This issue has nothing to do with Tapatalk. This is an issue with the AC Forums app permissions. Please stop conflating the two apps.
Which is controlled by, developed by and updated by who? Tapatalk. Whether you choose to believe me or not, to say it has nothing to do with Tapatalk is flat out incorrect.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Which is controlled by and developed by and updated by who? Tapatalk.
Really?

Then why does it say that Mobile Nations developed AC Forums app and Tapatalk, Inc developed Tapatalk?

The AC Forums, WC Forum, iMore Forum, and Crackberry (and the associated apps) are owned and developed by Mobile Nations.

Tapatalk is nothing more than an aggregator. It in its does not own the forums.

6fac60d3730323ea8cf6b345145f1b76.jpg
3ce6e913c4ff1776b159614c3b7f9656.jpg

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Really?

Then why does it say that Mobile Nations developed AC Forums app and Tapatalk, Inc developed Tapatalk?

The AC Forums, WC Forum, iMore Forum, and Crackberry (and the associated apps) are owned and developed by Mobile Nations.

Tapatalk is nothing more than an aggregator. It in its does not own the forums.

6fac60d3730323ea8cf6b345145f1b76.jpg
3ce6e913c4ff1776b159614c3b7f9656.jpg
Again, you are incorrect and I've already stated that the AC Forums app is just a white labeled version of Tapatalk. They started offering it to websites back in like 2010 because people wanted to have their own apps with their own branding, logos etc instead of Tapatalk. You can read the start of it all here if you really want to:

Again, it's not a debate of facts. These are the facts.

PS: To drive the point home even further, it's not JUST the AC Forums app either. Other people using Tapatalk's white labelled apps or "branded" apps are also having issues with permissions:

Note the last post. They paid Tapatalk to build them an app and Tapatalk controls it. Sound familiar?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey swetypie this not AC issue it would be Tapatalk and they don't have control over it and this seems to be very limited users mentioning this issue.

For what it's worth, this is posted in the S22 only section of the site. I would suggest moving it into the general discussion area for greater visibility. As evidenced by my situation, this doesn't sound limited to only Samsung.

I never went back and tried Tapatalk again. At one point I was having issues with that one ( I don't remember what it was lol). That's why I was on the AC app. I'll re-download Tapatalk and see if it works.

I have sworn it off as well. I tried it once and it somehow signed me up for several additional forums I've never heard of before.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For what it's worth, this is posted in the S22 only section of the site. I would suggest moving it into the general discussion area for greater visibility. As evidenced by my situation, this doesn't sound limited to only Samsung.

I have sworn it off as well. I tried it once and it somehow signed me up for several additional forums I've never heard of before.
Such a strange issue
I did move it to the site and feedback forums

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

This is how I set-up Tapatalk and another benefit with this app is you get notifications especially threads you subscribe to.
I have only AC as my group nothing else.
2059fd1717a522caaca9221e90565b3c.jpg

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I've been using Fora, from the Playstore, for a few of the forums I use when Tapatalk 'upgraded' a few months ago. I still use Tapatalk for AC forums.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is how I set-up Tapatalk and another benefit with this app is you get notifications especially threads you subscribe to.

I don't care for push notifications. I see the new comments in my subscribed thread list anyway when I open the app, and have the option of email notifications if desired.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe