Posting pics in this forum

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to put some pictures in the picture thread but I keep getting this message that I been to grant the forum read and write permission under the storage option. When I go to the storage option in the ac app I don't see where I can give this access. Is this option somewhere else on the phone? This is the first time I've seen this error since having this app.

• Wow
Reactions: Shinkenred

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I ran into this on the Pixel 8 Pro and could not find a solution ... Had no issues on my S23 Ultra or Pixel 7 Pro.
Before I eventually returned the Pixel 8 Pro, I ended up downloading Tapatalk in order to upload pictures to this forum.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
It seems a mfr/brand specific problem. I had no trouble with uploading photos on my s9+. I'll try it on my Pixel 3 later. Maybe test it on my iPad air 2 also.

Edit: screen grab posted from a pixel 3.
There's no apple AC forum app available.View attachment 357312

Last edited:
Reactions: sweetypie31

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
That didn't work. It didn't even ask about allowing the permissions.
You will need to clear app data. Just uninstalling and reinstalling does not always work. Clearing app data completely resets the app as if it is a fresh install.

1. Settings -> Apps
2. Scroll down until you find the Android Central app and tap on it
3. Tap on Storage
4. Tap Clear data
5. Tap delete
6. Restart the app. It should ask you for permission for things like notifications, access to storage, etc.
7. Log in and enjoy

Reactions: Laura Knotek

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You will need to clear app data. Just uninstalling and reinstalling does not always work. Clearing app data completely resets the app as if it is a fresh install.

1. Settings -> Apps
2. Scroll down until you find the Android Central app and tap on it
3. Tap on Storage
4. Tap Clear data
5. Tap delete
6. Restart the app. It should ask you for permission for things like notifications, access to storage, etc.
7. Log in and enjoy
I did this already. I even wiped the cache partition before reinstalling the app just in case.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I did this already. I even wiped the cache partition before reinstalling the app just in case.
Yup. I have replicated this on my S22 Ultra and Tab S9. Storage is not available in the app's permissions settings.

Contacts, location, and notifications are the only permissions you can set.

I never noticed because I always uploaded images from my PC.

I'm on Android 13 on both devices.

Update: I can upload images using Tapatalk. The screen captures are the AC app.
8c0a635eeebbbc5978d38c77104930ba.jpg
3cc4c5733f64c0b8a1b6b47892958fd5.jpg

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Same is happening for me on the LG V60, and we discussed it on a tangent in this thread.

I have the same version as Mustang, tried clearing app data, and running regular Android 13. It use to work, but it's rare that I upload pictures and not sure when the bug actually happened.