Powerpoint output on Xoom?

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the xoom semi-impulsively after getting the 25% off coupon. One of my reasons for ordering this is that I do a lot of travel to conferences and I'd like to bring the xoom instead of my laptop.

One issue I am concerned with is that the HDMI out is limited on the xoom. Does anyone know if I could output to VGA somehow to give powerpoint presentations? I assumed that I could use some sort of HDMI to VGA converter, but now I am concerned that I won't be able to do it.

Any recommendations or experiences with this?

AtomicAge

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the xoom semi-impulsively after getting the 25% off coupon. One of my reasons for ordering this is that I do a lot of travel to conferences and I'd like to bring the xoom instead of my laptop.

One issue I am concerned with is that the HDMI out is limited on the xoom. Does anyone know if I could output to VGA somehow to give powerpoint presentations? I assumed that I could use some sort of HDMI to VGA converter, but now I am concerned that I won't be able to do it.

Any recommendations or experiences with this?

I looked into this a while ago because my laptop didn't have VGA. It's a bit annoying because one is an analogue signal and one is digital, so you can't just buy any old cable to connect the two. Saw a few converters for sale but often the buyer's comments complained that they didn't work. Not sure if anyone here knows of a good/cheap way to make it work, but I eventually gave up and bought a DVI-VGA adapter instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raccoon