Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Small size difference.
f3a2d490eb68d8cda0f7360fcb5da67a.jpg
You got the S7 AND the S7+?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea unfortunately you can't with this order. Thought about it and I'm a little better now. Although my area wasn't flooded there were numerous parts of my city that were including the hub of where my package is held. So far today's weather looks a little better so I'm hopeful.
I was hoping it would work out for you today. If you use FedEx Delivery Manager, you should be able to have it held at a local Walgreens or FedEx location.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Yea unfortunately you can't with this order. Thought about it and I'm a little better now. Although my area wasn't flooded there were numerous parts of my city that were including the hub of where my package is held. So far today's weather looks a little better so I'm hopeful.

I was supposed to have gotten my tablet yesterday but now they're supposed to deliver it today hopefully you get yours delivered today.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes it says it's on the truck for delivery. At work for 7 more hours so should be there when I get off.
I was supposed to have gotten my tablet yesterday but now they're supposed to deliver it today hopefully you get yours delivered today.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes it says it's on the truck for delivery. At work for 7 more hours so should be there when I get off.

Mine says On FedEx vehicle for delivery as well, hopefully today we get our Tablets I'm also getting the new watch 3 and a galaxy active 2 44m super excited been rocking my gear s3 frontier for over 3 years.

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Still love my gear S3 don't know if I will part with it. My active 2 has been pretty nice to use as well.
Mine says On FedEx vehicle for delivery as well, hopefully today we get our Tablets I'm also getting the new watch 3 and a galaxy active 2 44m super excited been rocking my gear s3 frontier for over 3 years.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Still love my gear S3 don't know if I will part with it. My active 2 has been pretty nice to use as well.

I have the gear s3 Classic as well which is in very good condition cuz I would only use it on the weekends the frontier was my work watch so it was in pretty rough shape , I'm excited about getting the new watches with the tablet as well.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Impressions (Tab S7+):

Can only echo what others have said -- incredibly light and thin, but very sturdy feel. Build quality seems to be top notch.

I ran into a very annoying and puzzling problem of Tab seeming not to want to start. I kept pressing the side button to start it and would get a flash of screen, then dark screen. Repeat, repeat, repeat. [BTW, Tab arrived with 53% charge, so I put it on charger and went to do something else.] Finally got it to start and boot, with repeated instances of screen going black. Used Smart Switch and USB cable to move setting, configurations, data, and apps from my Tab S3.

Once I had all setup, I tried to revise some Settings to my liking and tried to run several apps to get a feel for the speed, lag, etc. I became VERY frustrated, however, with this persistent problem of screen going black, short press on side button would give a 1-2 second flash, then return to black. This was especially persistent when held in "normal" portrait mode (side button and volume rocker oriented on upper right side) at angle greater than full horizontal. In landscape (camera at the top) this happened a few times, but generally pretty stable. The portrait mode thing, continued for hours, even after a couple of full restarts.

Purely by accident, I finally discovered that the Tab would remain stable in portrait mode if I held it upside down (button and rocker on lower left side). I thought this was very weird behavior and was beginning to suspect a problem with the orientation sensor, somehow. Finally put it down about 1:00 am.

This morning, I had a few repeat instances, but mostly the Tab remained stable in the proper portrait orientation. Now I think I have discovered the problem: the way I was holding the folded-back tri-fold cover. I have always folded the cover back into a tri-fold that is convenient to hold in my left hand while I read and use my right hand to navigate. This morning, I "accidentally" just folded the cover completely flat across the back of the Tab and had zero issues. When it dawned on my what might be going on, I tried accordioning the tri-fold cover and , sure enough, the screen to dark issue returned. It seems like the magnets in the cover and the magnets on the back of the Tab are so sensitive that placement of that portion of the cover caused the Tab to go to sleep mode.

So, since solving this issue, I find every app I have checked to be immediately responsive -- zero noticeable wait time to load and open an app. Scrolling is fluid! SPen has no lag -- the little scratching sound effect is a bit annoying (Tab does this as pen moves across the screen), but I'm sure that can be turned off somewhere. I finished a Netflix show I had previously started on another device -- all was seamless. Picture was superb -- a bit dark, but I think the video was filmed that way. Sound was not bad -- didn't turn it above about half due to others nearby in the house.

Only remaining frustration is getting into apps that require logins and refreshing those logins for this device. Same as starting up a new smartphone.

Refer to the photo attached for size comparison between the Tab S7+ and my Tab S3 (9.7 in). Despite significant size difference, weight feels about the same.

Tab S7+ vs Tab S3.jpg

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Impressions (Tab S7+):

Only remaining frustration is getting into apps that require logins and refreshing those logins for this device. Same as starting up a new smartphone.

Lastpass helps a ton with this, or you could use Samsung pass I guess.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Impressions (Tab S7+):

Can only echo what others have said -- incredibly light and thin, but very sturdy feel. Build quality seems to be top notch.

I ran into a very annoying and puzzling problem of Tab seeming not to want to start. I kept pressing the side button to start it and would get a flash of screen, then dark screen. Repeat, repeat, repeat. [BTW, Tab arrived with 53% charge, so I put it on charger and went to do something else.] Finally got it to start and boot, with repeated instances of screen going black. Used Smart Switch and USB cable to move setting, configurations, data, and apps from my Tab S3.

Once I had all setup, I tried to revise some Settings to my liking and tried to run several apps to get a feel for the speed, lag, etc. I became VERY frustrated, however, with this persistent problem of screen going black, short press on side button would give a 1-2 second flash, then return to black. This was especially persistent when held in "normal" portrait mode (side button and volume rocker oriented on upper right side) at angle greater than full horizontal. In landscape (camera at the top) this happened a few times, but generally pretty stable. The portrait mode thing, continued for hours, even after a couple of full restarts.

Purely by accident, I finally discovered that the Tab would remain stable in portrait mode if I held it upside down (button and rocker on lower left side). I thought this was very weird behavior and was beginning to suspect a problem with the orientation sensor, somehow. Finally put it down about 1:00 am.

This morning, I had a few repeat instances, but mostly the Tab remained stable in the proper portrait orientation. Now I think I have discovered the problem: the way I was holding the folded-back tri-fold cover. I have always folded the cover back into a tri-fold that is convenient to hold in my left hand while I read and use my right hand to navigate. This morning, I "accidentally" just folded the cover completely flat across the back of the Tab and had zero issues. When it dawned on my what might be going on, I tried accordioning the tri-fold cover and , sure enough, the screen to dark issue returned. It seems like the magnets in the cover and the magnets on the back of the Tab are so sensitive that placement of that portion of the cover caused the Tab to go to sleep mode.

So, since solving this issue, I find every app I have checked to be immediately responsive -- zero noticeable wait time to load and open an app. Scrolling is fluid! SPen has no lag -- the little scratching sound effect is a bit annoying (Tab does this as pen moves across the screen), but I'm sure that can be turned off somewhere. I finished a Netflix show I had previously started on another device -- all was seamless. Picture was superb -- a bit dark, but I think the video was filmed that way. Sound was not bad -- didn't turn it above about half due to others nearby in the house.

Refer to the photo attached for size comparison between the Tab S7+ and my Tab S3 (9.7 in). Despite significant size difference, weight feels about the same.

View attachment 326861
Lol on the mysterious black outs. I learned about that with my S6 tablet when I used it with a particular case.

With your tablet case, is the keyboard port accessible?

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Full price = $229.99.
50% off bundle = $114.99

Then the other discounts = $72

As per the fine print from the email, the discount should have expired 11:59pm EDT September 18.
Thanks! That's what I thought. I should have cancelled and reorder the night I was talking to you. The price of the KB case dropped, but it was still 50% off, and I missed the 10% Rakuten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001