Preorders and the 4g sim card.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Nothing official outside of simply the 8th. The VZW Rep I spoke with said there is a remote chance pre-order will be made available before then. One can only hope.

I was bored on my drive home (yanno.. the drive home where I drove the speed limit the whole way obeying every posted sign... yeah, that one) so I called VZW sales and spoke to a customer service rep about the possibility of pre-ordering the Bionic. She put me on hold for a bit, came back saying something about it not being available for backorder (yes, backorder) and then said i could call the stores locally and ask so i questioned her. How am I to call a local store about a phone they're not allowed to release until the 8th? Usually it would be available to order in adavance so I can HAVE it on the 8th. She put me on hold again and got ahold of an actual 'sales' person. So, she transferred me to 'David' who was very nice and obviously a sales man. lol He said the same as others that he'd take my number and give me a call back. I assume 'maybe' that the sales folks may get a commission? I jokingly asked.. is there a benefit to ordering online vs talking to a sales rep to which he said you'll have better luck by calling due to the website sometimes not fully letting orders go through for something that doesn't exist yet. So, I said a similar phrase to what was posted in the pic of Philip J. Frye from futurama. 'Help me spend my money!' and he jokingly said how salesmen loves customers like me. :)

I sure hope he calls me at least a day or two before the 8th.

sph890

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i just talked to a Verizon rep.
here is the text of it
Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'Kyle'
You: hi, i was wondering if there is going to be a pre order avalible for the droid bionic
Kyle: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
Kyle: How are you today?
sam: good.
sam: i was wondering if there is going to be a pre order avalible for the droid bionic
Kyle: I will be happy to assist you with ordering the Bionic.
sam: ok, if or when will the preorder be availible?
Kyle: What do you like about this device?
sam: mainly it being the first dual core 4G phone.
Kyle: It's an amazing device with a great battery life and a fast operating system. Once the Bionic is released, there will be a preorder option available.
sam: so a pre order after the release date?
Kyle: On that date it's launched on the network.
sam: then how is it a pre order, if you can buy it in the store on the release date
Kyle: Only if you order online it's a preorder on a first come first service basis.
sam: ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: devanj1

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i just talked to a very retar*d*ed Verizon rep.
here is the text of it
Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You: hi, i was wondering if there is going to be a pre order avalible for the droid bionic
Kyle: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
sam: i was wondering if there is going to be a pre order avalible for the droid bionic
Kyle: It's an amazing device with a great battery life and a fast operating system. Once the Bionic is released, there will be a preorder option available.
sam: then how is it a pre order, if you can buy it in the store on the release date
Kyle: Only if you order online it's a preorder on a first come first service basis.

UM, WHAT???!! Yeaaaaaaa. :)

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
i just talked to a very retar*d*ed Verizon rep.
here is the text of it

Honestly, my guess is that this particular rep is not based in America. For their sake, I hope so. Otherwise that would be really bad.

Brandon

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, my guess is that this particular rep is not based in America. For their sake, I hope so. Otherwise that would be really bad.

Be nice if they'd include an IQ level on the live chat screens. Then you could close down the chat knowing that you didn't torture yourself to a pointless conversation. lol