Price of Photon dropping..

Pete Sebock

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea that is only for new customers. Kinda sucks that if you are an upgrade customer you get the shaft and have to pay $199
I think that is not fair to the ones that have been around for a awhile. Should be the same price for everyone....

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea that is only for new customers. Kinda sucks that if you are an upgrade customer you get the shaft and have to pay $199
I think that is not fair to the ones that have been around for a awhile. Should be the same price for everyone....

No it is not just for new users, it is for upgrades as well. I upgraded mine there on my one year anniversary and many others have as well. You can do it online for store pickup or in person at the store.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy isn't exactly the best place for service

This is true, but its a 100 bucks cheaper then Sprint, you can get some bad reps at the Sprint store as well, all i needed them to do was hand me the phone and take my money and that's all the service I needed from them. Took forever since there was one person working and they were spending way too much time with an old couple buying a 1 dollar LG jitterbug for their first cell phone but the price was still right.

Pete Sebock

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea I see your point but you would think they would have better margins and or a better commission structure for the corporate stores. Especially having an exclusive product.
Thanks for all the input.....

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I too got the Photon 4G from BestBuy for $99 on an upgrade. I highly doubt the Photon will drop below $99 before the end of the year.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I too got the Photon 4G from BestBuy for $99 on an upgrade. I highly doubt the Photon will drop below $99 before the end of the year.

You'll love this.

I had a Day 1 Evo 4G finally crap out and was getting a replacement. Because it was out of the 1 yr warranty, TEP kicked in, so it was $100 for a replacement. For a refurb! Now, I could just as easily bought a brand new one from Sprint for $99 if I weren't already a customer (for 13 years!).

So, I called Best Buy. THEY had the ability to upgrade me (my year was up and I'm Gold) to a new Evo 4G for $99.

But...they had the Photon and I thought 'what the heck'. I LOVED my Evo BTW.

The Photon has MUCH better hardware...the volume can actually be heard...and the display looks better unless I'm getting anal about the technology of it and looking at it while 6 inches from my face...at an angle...in sunlight (you get the idea).

I go home...happy as a clam. A week later I read the post about it dropping to $99 during that sale.
I go back to Best Buy, tell them about it, and they immediately credit me not only for the $100 but gave back the difference on the tax as well.

Oh....one other thing...I cancelled TEP because I read all the fine print on it and BB's Black Glove. Black Glove is VERY slightly more expensive monthly, but you can pre-pay and get it for less than TEP, plus it's moveable to your next phone at no charge. AND, they give you a loaner if they don't have your phone in stock (Sprint doesn't) PLUS, it's highly unlikely that you'll get a refurb because BB doesn't stock them at all. IF they can't get your phone in a couple of days, they give you a brand new one, off the shelf.

All in all....my BB experience was excellent.

And the MoPho? After nearly 2 months of ownership, the ONLY problem I have seen/had is the issue with the naming conventions for SD Card (where they actually call the internal partition 'SD Card' and not only do apps not see it for backups/music/etc, it can actually eat whatever is really on your removeable SD Card and make your shortcuts to apps disappear from your home screens).

bj