dandm4life

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have a guess on what the pricing may be? I'm really hoping sub 200 and no more than 250 or there is no way it will have the WAF

crowordove

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Sprint likes to keep there phones cheeper so the 200 range is probably the best bet like the pre was when it first came out(correct me if I'm wrong I never paid attention to it) and that's after the rebate with a new contract.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I hope it's 200 or under, I really want this phone! If it's over 200, I'm probably gonna go with Nexus One when it comes to Sprint this summer.

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Knowing Sprint, $299 with a $100 MIR. If they truly want to put foot to ass on the competition, they should price it under $200.

Just my 2 centabos.

dandm4life

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I would only go up to 300 and only because of the hdmi output. This phone has a lot of features and I would be suprised if it is sub 300, but if it is, I'm in.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Considering the HTC Touch Pro 2 started out at $349 and is now at $299 I wouldn't be surprised to see a starting price above $300. Although as others have said if they wanna put a foot in the ass of the competition they should come in at under $200.

I find it disappointing though that it's only sporting 1 gig when the Galaxy S sports 8 or 16 gigs and the HTC Incredible has been confirmed at 6 gigs.

Storage isn't just for apps, you have movies, pics, music and so much more. Hopefully they up this before release. If the Galaxy were to come to Sprint it'd be a tough call, one thing for sure is the Nexus One is out of the picture for me.

jmart603

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Considering the HTC Touch Pro 2 started out at $349 and is now at $299 I wouldn't be surprised to see a starting price above $300. Although as others have said if they wanna put a foot in the ass of the competition they should come in at under $200.

I find it disappointing though that it's only sporting 1 gig when the Galaxy S sports 8 or 16 gigs and the HTC Incredible has been confirmed at 6 gigs.

Storage isn't just for apps, you have movies, pics, music and so much more. Hopefully they up this before release. If the Galaxy were to come to Sprint it'd be a tough call, one thing for sure is the Nexus One is out of the picture for me.

i think all your music and movies and whatnot can go on the sd

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
That's one thing I'm amazed about all carriers have much more reliable service here than they do in Cali. Even the iPhone works here on tiny Merritt Island.

Though my days here are numbered unless I renew my contract.

dandm4life

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I went in to T-mo and they are saying that the HD2 is going to be 199, which is cheaper than the touch pro 2, so I could see this launching at least somewhere close to this. Of course, the t-mo guy could have been blowing smoke, but he was a general manager.

Ozmodiar

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to Android (I currently have a Palm Pre...and will be getting either the Evo 4G or Nexus One when it comes to Sprint) so please be gentle with this question:

In regard to the MicroSD card discussion going on...can you install apps to the MicroSD card itself? From what I'm reading on this phone, it only has 1gig of Internal Storage, so I'm concerned about being able to put a decent number of apps on the phone. Palm ran into a similar problem and eventually fixed it with a software update...so I'm curious as to how this process works with Android.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android (I currently have a Palm Pre...and will be getting either the Evo 4G or Nexus One when it comes to Sprint) so please be gentle with this question:

In regard to the MicroSD card discussion going on...can you install apps to the MicroSD card itself? From what I'm reading on this phone, it only has 1gig of Internal Storage, so I'm concerned about being able to put a decent number of apps on the phone. Palm ran into a similar problem and eventually fixed it with a software update...so I'm curious as to how this process works with Android.

Good question. I'm a former pre owner. It isn't as much of a factor on the newer devices. 1Gig is a lot for Android apps (but i thought this had 512, but i could be wrong). when root and custom roms come available, you can save to sd card.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
According to these, it's 1gig:

HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

HTC EVO 4G, Nexus One, and Droid face off on the charted field of battle -- Engadget

I've been on the Preware bandwagon since almost the beginning...and that is one thing I am dreading more than anything else...re-learning all of the rooting/custom ROM stuff for Android. *sigh*

Its not that bad, you wont have to root for just about anything you had to patch for on the Pre. I'm happy making the switch to an "inferior" phone because it gives me less headaches than the 5 pre's I owned.