PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
Flashed the 61677 to my V about 2Hrs ago..
All is working as it should (as any of the other PRL's out there)..
Not seeing a differences between the 60 & the 61 sig wise here where I live..
However after braking down both PRL's the code is different so somthign must be up with it~

As of yet Im not able to find a change-log for the 61 so if anyone can spot whats different compared to the 60 please inform at least me~

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a custom job. Not official. It has some of the roaming towers removed from what I have read, but has a few more sprint towers.

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question, but where can I get the CDMA workshop program? Their website won't load and every download I find shows that it's a virus. Thanks for any help!

Updated- Flashed over the 61677 and it seems to really improve my signal for Pandora radio. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

@lpha

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
what kind of 3G speeds are you guys getting by changing PRLs? On 61007 I'm getting around 600-700 Kbps during peak hours and about 900-1000 Kbps when the network is relaxed.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It won't make your speed faster unless it adds a tower that is closer to you. If your speeds are already fast, you probably won't see a difference.

Freek20010

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well most of you are lucky i barely get 50-100k during peak times and off peak time it goes to like 200k but I never see close to 1meg in my area my tower blows.

I would love to get my SPC but haven't had any luck with CDMA workshop it connects fine but when I go to read the phone it says phone not answering.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So I'm seeing two goals in this thread:

• A hack to enable roaming (which failed).
  • A PRL update to improve performance.

The former I don't care about. The latter seems like something we should be getting from Virgin, no? I did see one reply where the poster indicated Virgin support didn't know how to update the PRL...but...I mean... seriously? We're not going to get PRL updates without this?

(no offense to those who have done all the work to get this working, that's awesome, I'm just a little miffed that it's needed in the first place)

Delphis

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So is the idea of this to improve 3G data reception or to be able to make phone calls? I have some sketchy 3G areas near me and was wondering if this would be useful.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Connection to COM ports

For all those not getting your computer to recognize the phone through the COM PORT, turn off the phone while it is plugged into USB and run the whole process from there. That worked for me thanks to a tip over at XDA. I am running the hybrid 61677 and loving it.

Reactions: bigsupersquid

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
For all those not getting your computer to recognize the phone through the COM PORT, turn off the phone while it is plugged into USB and run the whole process from there. That worked for me thanks to a tip over at XDA. I am running the hybrid 61677 and loving it.
So 61677 is mashup of the VM and Sprint towers?

Do you do this all with the phone turned off and plugged in?

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So 61677 is mashup of the VM and Sprint towers?

Do you do this all with the phone turned off and plugged in?
First, there is no such thing as Virgin Mobile towers. The original prl on the vm (61007) gave access to only a fragment of sprint towers. A sprint prl would give access to sprint towers and occassional verizon towers when a sprint one is not in reach. Putting a sprint prl on our phones would be useless since VM customers are not allowed to "roam" on other networks such as verizon. The hybrid takes the original 61007 vm prl and mashes it with a sprint prl minus the roaming verizon towers.
Yes- I plugged my phone in while in usb debugging, but it would not connect to the COM port (read) so I turned it off "while plugged in" and did the whole process from there. When it is finished the phone will reboot with the new prl.

Reactions: jmel and Superorb

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
First, there is no such thing as Virgin Mobile towers. The original prl on the vm (61007) gave access to only a fragment of sprint towers. A sprint prl would give access to sprint towers and occassional verizon towers when a sprint one is not in reach. Putting a sprint prl on our phones would be useless since VM customers are not allowed to "roam" on other networks such as verizon. The hybrid takes the original 61007 vm prl and mashes it with a sprint prl minus the roaming verizon towers.
Yes- I plugged my phone in while in usb debugging, but it would not connect to the COM port (read) so I turned it off "while plugged in" and did the whole process from there. When it is finished the phone will reboot with the new prl.
Thanks so much!

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Did the PRL 61677 update, but there must not be any towers close to me because I'm still only getting 0-2 bars here. It was worth a shot.

clor

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
is it me or when you get to step 15 "15. Click "Start Clients." Chose "SERVICE PROGRAMMING." Select your phone." your phone number is different? :confused: the number that showed up was apparently different for me but when the phone reboots after finishing the whole guide my phone status info was 61677. just wondering if i did it correct or i need to redo. thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anzarkv