PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
is it me or when you get to step 15 "15. Click "Start Clients." Chose "SERVICE PROGRAMMING." Select your phone." your phone number is different? :confused: the number that showed up was apparently different for me but when the phone reboots after finishing the whole guide my phone status info was 61677. just wondering if i did it correct or i need to redo. thanks!
Mine is the same way. When you port a number, you're still assigned a number by Virgin Mobile for their internal system. I didn't try calling the other number to see if it rings my phone or not though.

clor

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
lol thanks for info. i was going to call as well but nvm lol . will it change back/restart if i flash roms and all them other goodies?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
For all those not getting your computer to recognize the phone through the COM PORT, turn off the phone while it is plugged into USB and run the whole process from there. That worked for me thanks to a tip over at XDA. I am running the hybrid 61677 and loving it.
Got my MSL and zeroed it out with no problem, first try.
However...
I tried multiple times several days back to get the PRL to stick, but it wouldn't write from CDMA WS or QPST. Phone would reboot with the same 61007 PRL.
I tried with the phone fully booted, and in recovery mode, but it wouldn't write the PRL either way.
So, after reading this, I tried to write the PRL while the phone was booting up (my desktop computer couldn't see it while fully turned off,) and QPST wrote the PRL cleanly; phone rebooted before it was fully booted up; and the new PRL showed up on the phone after that.
YAY!
Thanks for all the info, and the hybrid PRL.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, has anyone been able to make this work yet? I see alot of testing still. I get 1-2 bars and my 3G speed is sketchy. Has anyone done this successfully and have they seen positive change in one or both areas? Roaming to me is no big deal but the quality of both calls and 3G is in my area is. Is this still in a trial and error phase or has anyone achieved anything yet and if so can you make a tutorial? Thx

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, has anyone been able to make this work yet? I see alot of testing still. I get 1-2 bars and my 3G speed is sketchy. Has anyone done this successfully and have they seen positive change in one or both areas? Roaming to me is no big deal but the quality of both calls and 3G is in my area is. Is this still in a trial and error phase or has anyone achieved anything yet and if so can you make a tutorial? Thx
Lots of us have successfully done this, but it's all dependent on the physical location of towers by you. I still have 0-2 bars at home, and I Googled cell towers by me and there aren't any close by anyways.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
as stated above ashton it has been done and is seen sucessful results. For me Ithink it increased my signal by 1 bar at home and pretty much getting full signal while out and about.

Just try it its not going to hamper your signal.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
as stated above ashton it has been done and is seen sucessful results. For me Ithink it increased my signal by 1 bar at home and pretty much getting full signal while out and about.

Just try it its not going to hamper your signal.

Sounds good I'll give it a shot this weekend, thx for the replys. So the Page 1 instructions are up to date and work ok for you guys?

Last edited:

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good I'll give it a shot this weekend, thx for the replys. So the Page 1 instructions are up to date and work ok for you guys?
Yeah, did mine today and it worked fine. But on step 15, you need to hit OK after you select your phone and before you can click "read phone" on step 16.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok....new problem. I am posting this on xda and here to see what people think. I am using the hybrid 61677 for the past 24hours. I am getting better signal but just realized that I have not been able to send texts, but I am able to receive them. So I check by going back to the default vm 61007.prl and now my texts are able to send again. Anyone else notice this or have any ideas?

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hope this isn't too off topic, but:

Will this work with any VM phone? Say I unlock a Rumor Touch, and use the LGDownload program to "PRL Write" this PRL to both NAM 1 and NAM 2, it should work in theory right? They use the same towers, so there should be no problem. I only wish I could backup the original PRL in case something went wrong. I'm obviously going to wait and look into it a little more before I do anything.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You can back up before you swap the prl. It saved as a qcn file. Besides someone has already uploaded our stock 61007 prl. I say try it and you can always restore back

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

joshuab

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I did this a while ago on my wife's phone and it helped a ton with service reliability (60676.prl). I would like to do it again, but I run into a problem getting QPST to recognize the phone. On the EVO when working in QPST or CDMA Workshop I have to dial ##DIAG## to put it into the correct mode so the phone is recognized by those programs. What do I need to dial for the Optimus V?

Thanks,
Joshua

joshuab

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have to correct Port # - COM5. I get "Connected to COM5 Successfully" in CDMA Workshop. However, when I click READ to get the phone info I get "Failed.. Phone does not answer". Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anzarkv