PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I loaded the sprint prl to my optimus v and forced roaming got 1x only and phones says welcome to verizon when I try to make a call and no data access. I backed up my original prl file

61007.prl

Nice! Thanks. I compared yours with the one provided before using Hex Cmp2 and they are identical.

T

thorasaurus

Quick question: does the newer 60676 Sprint PRL give better service or data coverage? I know that you've essentially determined it won't roam but does it improve the voice or data quality?

Thanks.

HallOfPromise

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
After reading this thread I have determined you guys are freakin awesome for trying this. Even though we may not have gotten successful roaming just yet we would have never found out if you guys didn't try this stuff out. Keep it up guys!

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I rolled with 61007 all day today. I frequently checked to see where I had 3G coverage, in the same spots I visited yesterday (on 60676). Now, I can't be (100%)sure but I believe 60676 gave me more 3g coverage. It's not roaming, but I had to be hitting a couple more towers that might not be accessible on 61007. Maybe sprint towers that just are not in PRL 61007. All you can do is try it, see if your coverage improves.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as how there are no Virgin Mobile only towers and that Sprint users can access all Sprint towers, it would make sense that using the most up to date Sprint PRL would be best for all Virgin Mobile customers. I don't know if 61007 limits you to a subset of Sprint towers, but it is safe to assume 60676 does not. That is my logic to using 60676. No problems with it yet.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So in essence, we've come to the conclusion that while it is not possible to roam on a VM handset, nor use another carrier's towers, it's still possible to get full data and voice 3g coverage via the Sprint PRL without causing any minor or significant problems to the over all functioning of our phones?

I simply want to verify this so that if I decide to make the switch, it will not impede anything from SMS to MMS to web browsing to downloading or anything inbetween.

Little Joe

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am been testing the sprint prl in the optimus v for about 3 days now. I have noticed a little better coverage... if I use gv the call quality is better now. What I notice the most is the data is much more sturdy on sprint prl, my vm data connection would always time out after a while and be slow or not work at all, has anyone else had that problem with vm prl?

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
I can confirm that data is more constant on 60676!..
My connection as raised to 3 bars as well (I always had 0~1 at home)..

Good work guys..
Also heres a small listing of PRL's I found if interested
(give thanks to Google for the search)
SPRINT PRL's (60653~60676)

QUESTION:
As anyone had any issues with there accounts being flagged after doing this..
Plus who here has ran 60676 the longest?..
Just trying to get a benchmark on if VM will have issues with this PRL or not~

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It sucks we cant connect to other carriers towers. I end up in a complete dead zone for about 80 miles of a 150 miles trip to drop my kid off. I was hoping to figure out how to bounce off verizons towers. I was soooooo pissed my kids straight talk phone had service and I couldnt even get into a roaming zone.

T

thorasaurus

I'd like to also confirm this method (from page 1) works. I successfully updated my PRL. Here's hoping for better service and no banhammer. :-\

Thanks!

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just did the procedure to and everything went fine but so far I honestly don't see any improvement in my signal yet.

Edit: I flashed it back to the virgin mobile prl I saw no improvement it stayed on 1x most the time. Thanks though!

Edit again: LOL I didnt realize there was an outtage going on no wonder I'm getting nothing will have to try again at a later time!

Last edited:

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys think VM will never see this post? One way or another they will find out and if they can pinpoint who is doing this they will be kicked. Oh well I guess you guys will just buy a new phone and open a new account!! lol

downfallat111

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Connection Problem... Help!

Hi,

I want to swap my prl for the latest Sprint prl, but I am having issues connecting my phone to my computer. It connects fine, but does not show up as a COM Port in my Device Manager, only an ADB Insterface (AndroidSOoner Single ADB Interface). I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers several times (from both Zefie's website and the lg website, as well as using the LG Update tool). I have also tried on two computers and I haven't been able to get it to show up as a COM Port. This means I can't use CDMA Workshop OR QPST and basically can't do anything. I'm guessing I'm missing another driver or something but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Timsie