problem: battery drain in 3hours

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I know it's bad. I've tried uninstalling almost all my apps, but helf the reason for having a smartphone for me is the constant access to and notifications of breaking news. I'd hate to uninstall all my news apps just for the phone to work. Besides, the last time I tried that, The most I got was an additional hour of use.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I'm not sure what to tell you. Besides this post the worst life time I've seen from anyone on a normal charge with nothing turned off was 5 hours. I was getting approximately 6 hours before the battery conditioned and I bump charged it once, now I can manage 8 hours without worrying about it.

Have you tried a full factory reset or changing your data polling time to like 30 minutes to an hour on each app?

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
To the OP - do you by any chance have "Enable always-on mobile data" box checked...as in turned on?

I have that on and it isn't a problem - I get a full days worth of moderate use. OP needs to list apps running, as I think part, if not all, of the problem is apps syncing in the background without him/her knowing. Your "Up time" should NEVER be 1:1 to your "awake time" and I'm guessing this is his/her issue.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
my awake and up are 1:1

even with everything turned off... I don't know what else to turn off here

Thats not good. That is why your phone is dying so fast. It isn't able to go into full stand by mode. When you say "everything turned off" do you mean just the main settings? Or are you talking about applications being turned off?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You can force close every app but android will just turn around a randomly start apps as needed then close apps as it needs mote room the only way to kill apps OS to remove them and some apps can't b removed till root is possible.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I go into 'running applications' and force close everything. That's 'everything turned off'

That would not be recommended as there are certain services that are system processes and you might throw something off if you do that.

Can you list all the apps you have downloaded? Maybe an Appbrain list? That way, you won't have to type all of them out

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Go to the app store and download an app called Spare Parts. Plug your phone in for a short time and then unplug it. Put your phone to sleep for about 10 seconds. Wake your phone up and run Spare Parts. In the app select Battery History. If Running=100% then you have an app that is keeping your phone from sleeping. Next look at Partial Wake Usage and see if you have any apps listed that are awake to much. Your going to have to let your phone run for a while to get an accurate look at this stat. My phone shows the Android System as the top user with Google and Dialer as the next two.

You should be able to get an idea what app is causing the issue with the battery. Once you think you know which app it is then uninstall it and reboot your phone. Like others have said it's highly possible there's some funky app that is causing the issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards