Problem rooting nexus s 4g sprint

James Arden

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I currently own a Samsung Nexus S 4g from Sprint running ICS 4.0.4. I have attempted to root my nexus s 4g with clockworld mod and twrp, but I have had no luck. I used the root checker and it told me that this device does not have the proper root access. Currently, I have the TWRP 1.1.1 recovery that I am running on. Is there anything else that I can do to get my phone rooted so I can install jelly bean? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

James Arden

mschooler93

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Having recovery is not good enough for root. You have to flash superuser.zip with twrp.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any links to dl it, just Google superuser nexus s 4g and you should find it. It should be in a .zip format, put it on the root of the SD card/USB storage (not in a folder, just on it) then go to recovery and find flash zip from SD card, find the superuser.zip, wait for it to do it then reboot. You should now be rooted.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Find Nexusshacks's tut on YouTube, its what I used. You use the 'fast OEM unlock' command from the console, but I don't remember the details.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

James Arden

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the posts. I finally got my ns4g rooted and jelly bean installed. Only problem I have ran into is now my voicemail doesn't work. Any suggestions?