Problem with account setup: Your username or password is incorrect

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My moms phone has recently started coming up with an alert for her email which basically says, "Problem with account setup: Your username or password is incorrect".

We have changed her gmail password so we know for sure what it is, and having changed it we can log into her gmail and download emails (so clearly she is logged in and the password is correct).

However, this alert keeps popping up every 15mins or so. The bizzare thing is, that when you click on it, it shows all the server details and username but doesn't allow you to enter the password...

So I'm not sure if maybe there are 2 separate account on the phone - one that is correct and working, the other that has the wrong settings and/or password?

In settings accounts I've found 2 accounts -

1) one is "google" which appears to be the correct one
2) is"personal (imap)" which is definitely the one causing the problem.

However, only the goolge one has the "remove" option. So I can't figure out how to either delete the imap on or set the password for it.

Is it normal to have both these accounts? If not how do I delete the imap one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know which app is giving you that notification? If it's a notification in the status bar, then swipe down then notification panel and see which app name is attached to that notification.

If it's a toast notification that pops up in the middle of the screen, then use Toast Source to find out.

jxm2

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
It's a Doro 8350, pretty sure it's android with some weird "user friendly" interface on top. or something.

The notification appears as an envelope in the very top left. And if you drag it down then it says the notification is from "email" with the message "can't log in". if you click on the notifictation it takes you to a page with the email config, ie. email address, name of imap server, port number etc. But no password. if you click ok, it says it is verifying the server, but then comes back with the error in the subject...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz